Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

(free) video chat programs?

• 23-01-2005 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hi
    I'm looking for a good (cheap) online video chat program
    i want to video chat with a friend online and we have AIM, so decided to use that. only problem is they dont have a camera yet themselves, so we couldn't do it as AIM requires both people to have a camera.

so we tried a program called Camfrog Video Chat, which is good and free and easy to use, but the window to view the person is tiny and u must pay to get a bigger one.

so i was just wondering if anyone knows of any reliable programs that offer good streming rate and obviously the option to increase the size of the camera window

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

MSN messenger?
    if you both have win xp there's also NetMeeting

btw - if either of you have an eyetoy camera you can use that
    mine works fine & pic is very good plus there is a mike in the camera as well

see http://www.ionstorm.co.uk/files/sairuk/ for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

we both have xp yes, but i have just started using netmeeting, and im not sure how or what to do?
    i got the messege that the directory could not be found and when i tried log into a directory, i got this website: http://directory.netmeeting.microsoft.com/
    maybe its out of date and out of use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nuadha

Yahoo Messenger is another alternative - it's easy enough to use, and you can run video on one side only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

thanks nuadha..but i seem to have problems with it reckognising my video camera..keeps saying there's no webcam.
    i'm using my samsung minidv connected with firewire...what do i put in as my camera sourse in the preferences do you know?
    it doesnt give me an option for my camera, only:
    "Microsoft WDM Image Capture (Win32), Version: 5.1.2600.0"

Advertisement