Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imports!

Options
  • 23-01-2005 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I do not have a credit card, where or what other ways can I get imports,
    also what do you need to play foreign PS2 games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A foreign or modchipped PS2... And you're going to find it very hard to get imports without a credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Lik-sang accept western union i think. They had a few different payment methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Find someone with a credit card.

Some shops sell import games. Mr. Calculator in Dublin (off grafton street) will sometimes sell some (usually only a few) import games. It depends on why you want to import. They would only have games early.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember western union charge an extra 20 yoyos for each transaction. If like me you are lazy and don't have a credit card then get some one elses. you do have friends?

Import games sold in dublin usually have ridiculously inflated prices. Best to get them on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Remember western union charge an extra 20 yoyos for each transaction.

Thats not exactly true, the charge is related to how much you are sending (iirc)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

well I haven't sent more than about 400 euros and the smallest was 80 euros. Seems to be 20 for that price bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

You could use eBay and pay the seller with Money Order, or if buying from an EU seller, use IBAN or send them Euro cash. www.ncsx.com in New York accept money orders made out in dollars. Getting the imports is easy. Modding the PS2 or having it modded will be tricky to do and expensive if you get someone else to do it, and also endanger the life of the already fragile machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Does the Action Replay for PS2 not include something to allow you to play games from any region? I figured since the GC one does...

It doesn't, freeloader is built into the Gamecube version of Action Replay. There isn't any similar program on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Ah, that would explain it. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It doesn't, freeloader is built into the Gamecube version of Action Replay.

So then can I just pick up a GC Action Replay in GAME to play a US copy of Alien Hominid? If so, excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, and if you get one either today or tomorrow (sale finishes Wednesday) it's only €14.98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Picked one up yesterday. Cheers for that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Robert_Plant

Do Laser cards be accepted anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

if you have a modded ps2 just simply buy the backups from www.ishouldreallyreadthecharterbeforepostinglinkstogame"backups".co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

em .western union charge about 8 euros for sending 25 euros.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Remember western union charge an extra 20 yoyos for each transaction. If like me you are lazy and don't have a credit card then get some one elses. you do have friends?

Another reminder that I have to set up a second bank account in another bank so I can prove where I live a second time so I can get a bloody credit card… stupid EU anti-fraud law wont allow my mobile phone bill (which is sent the same way as a bank statement) for such.

<start of real rant> Anyway getting a letter address to one’s self in the post to any address doesn’t prove anyone is living there. For starters, most of my family’s post comes to our business address, and besides our names most of it’s address to the (pretty big) road we live on with no house number etc. And they’ll bloody accept bank statements which normally require no reaction. It’s just typical EU ****.<end of real rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

If you are a college student the banks will fall over themselves to get a credit card. You pay no fees (except for the government 40 euro a year that they have to charge). That's what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

A little of the topic.
    I bought a game 'Once upon a knight' in the US, when i tried to install it a pop up told me that it's only authorised for use in the US, changing the region codes don't help. Can anyone help me? :confused:

Advertisement