Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what happened maxed-ie.net

Options
  • 23-01-2005 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Well :) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

perhaps Rob and Cordelia finally got admitted to the psychiatric ward? They're probably having a cry over not being appriciated so closed the message board while they're having a moan. Or maybe, its just down for maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

They may have finaly realised how rubbish it was and pulled the plug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

That board has been closed for over 2 months for maintenance.

It could be a lot of work that needs to be done, but I don't think is coming back by the look of the situation.

In the begining I thought it was just an IP address blocking situation but now that I see some other people can not access it I think it has something to do with not enough founds to keep it up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

its a pity, theres no other irish car board with half as many active people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Do u think it's closure might be related to the closure of the motornet forums? Been seeing a fair few forums getting the chop lately :(
    heggie wrote:
    its a pity, theres no other irish car board with half as many active people.

Heggie, u might be interested in this one :D

http://www.cruiseirl.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh thanks im a member there, nowhere near as busy as maxed was tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

heggie wrote:
    yeh thanks im a member there, nowhere near as busy as maxed was tho

Think you'll find that CruiseIrl has had alot more car chat going on for the past 1/2 years. Maxed became frequented by quite a few who had nothing more than their social lives to discuss...a lot of 'quieter' forums have more valuable content...

Just an idea but.... do u think there'd be anychance of having a section of Boards.ie dedicated to modified cars/cruises? Would anyone be interested in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

It closed because it was full of sad little boy-racers....and that's a perfectly logical reason.

It closed because it was full of sad little boy-racers....and that's a perfectly logical reason.

Yep dude, You're absolutely right!
    Boy racers are the scum of the earth! :D
    I was thinking of a board for entusiasts of modified import cars...

• Advertisement

AlienGav wrote:
    entusiasts of modified import cars...

That's what I said - sad little boy racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

Maxed has closed but all the members are in a new site www.manic-motorz.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭jamesd

For Modified cars as in performance there is already an irish forum
    http://irishperformancecars.com/forums/

@kdevitt Thanks for the praise on cruiseirl, we aim to please

AlienGav wrote:
    Yep dude, You're absolutely right!
    Boy racers are the scum of the earth! :D
    I was thinking of a board for entusiasts of modified import cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

That's what I said - sad little boy racers.

It gets boring to see scornful comments like this every time there's a hint of a modifier on the board. It’s always the same, someone (usually middle aged, and drove either A) nothing at 20 B) drove a piece of crap at 20 or C) is somewhat jealous and wished he could have had that 'boy racers' car at 20

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

LOL ando, its so true, if you have nothing good to say then why say it.....
    I dont think your answer had anythin at all to do with the question!!

ando wrote:
    It gets boring to see scornful comments like this every time there's a hint of a modifier on the board. It’s always the same, someone (usually middle aged, and drove either A) nothing at 20 B) drove a piece of crap at 20 or C) is somewhat jealous and wished he could have had that 'boy racers' car at 20

:D

Well said!

ando wrote:
    What a shame - I fall into none of those categories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Absolutely - modified cars are cool and dont let anyone knock ye for doing what ye enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

What a shame - I fall into none of those categories.

No, you fall into category d) annoying troll. Don't make your first posts on motors your last.

As the man says
    dont let anyone knock ye for doing what ye enjoy

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement