Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the first film your ever saw in the cinema?

• 23-01-2005 3:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Mine was The Little Mermaid...

How about you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

I think it was a reshowing of "snow white" in whitehall cinema probably around 78/79, I remember there were very few people in the cinema turns out it was the last movie to be ever screened in Whitehall, its been a bingo hall ever since (except for the odd Boyzone concert).

either that or "Darby O Gill and the Little people" in the savoy, my older brother puked and we had to leave half way through, I wasn't happy about that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think it was "the sword in the stone" - disney version of King Arthur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think it was "the fox and the hound". All I can remember of it was the subplot with the caterpillar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Santa clause the movie in the now extinct carlton cinema in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

B0000VV4WW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

1991!!! :eek: what were my parents thinking!!?? makin me wait 8 god damn years to bring me to the cinema!!! and it wasn't even them, i went with my school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

honey i shrunk the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

The first for me would've been An American Tail... Jeez, I must've been only 3 or 4, when the hell was that in the cinema?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Think it was The Jungle Book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

you's all must be very young!!!!

bought my kids to see their first film recently - Garfield - was so dissapointed with myself for it not being something decent!!!

The trauma i've probably inflicted on their upbringing as future film goers!

Oh and my 1st film I saw as a kid was Bambi - but that was about 1982 which makes me feel quite old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

I have been told that I was brought to all the Disney film's but I can't remember any of them.

The first film I can remember seeing in the cinema is Piranha and it scared the crap out of me!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Batman

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I also think mine was the Jungle Book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Et

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

bambi but it must of been re-shown in the early/mid ninties for me to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Santa clause the movie in the now extinct carlton cinema in limerick

Likewise, except I went to the now extinct Ritz cinema in Mullingar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

see here
    need for another thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

'86 The Jungle Book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Empire Strikes back in 1983 I think. I can vividly remember seeing the trailer for jaws 3 i think or else Im just crazy and cant seperate fantasy from reality :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ahhhh..... The Care Bears... it had a cartoon fo Strawberry Shortcake before it too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Grom

Think it was 'the land before time'

Oh! How I wept at mummy dino getting killed :(:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

spawn.

it still makes me cry that anyone could release a film that bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Predictable one. Star Wars, 1977. Cheers Mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'm just waiting for someone to say that the first thing they seen in the cinema was The News ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Think it was The News...ahhhhhh Anne Doyle, she could do my headlines anytime.

Actually it was the Crying Game, what a crock of sh1te, saving grace was your ones dingaling....hang on, or was it your mans :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

I saw Pinocchio back in the 70's - am I the oldest person here? :D

I was only 4 then though - the first one I really *remember* is "Empire Strikes Back" in the Ambassador in 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Sysiphus

For me it was Jaws in 1977, I was seven!! I didn't get to see it all though, so does it still count??

I saw it in Butlins, the week before we were there the Red Coats caused some hassel with the bouncers in a local night club, so the night we were watching the movie the bouncers burst in to redress the situation!! That was more scary than Jaws!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

slighty off topic here but i remember being shown ET on pirate video in school!!!! before it came out in the cinema!!!! i wonder which teacher had the dodgy contacts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MariaRyan

I think it was My Little Pony and the Purple Sludge - probably not the precise name for it but that's what we called it

1986 in the Lovely old Carlton in Limerick - Oh those lovely sticky seats, I remember them so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Jungle Book here as well. After that it was Disney's "The Black Cauldron"

Advertisement