Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Firefox and Boards.ie

• 23-01-2005 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I've been using FF 1.0 for a week or two now, and generally am quite impressed.

However, I notice that after I logon to Boards, it seems to forget that I'm logged in after a period of inactivity and when I return to the index page, I'm again asked to login.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If you log in from one of the forum pages rather than the main page, and make sure "Remember me?" is selected, then you'll stay logged in permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

instead of logging in on the front page, try opening any thread and logging in from there.
    make sure that the remember me box is ticked as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

When you login through the main page it doesn't give you the option to 'remember me' so you'll have to browse a forum then click on 'Log Out' on the top right.Then login again and choose the 'remember me' option. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Cheers lads. IIRC, IE was better in this respect! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,218 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

nah, it's the same :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I believe this happens on both IE and Firefox. It is todo with the login on the frontpage and not the certain browser. Just always log in using the box on the top right of a thread or forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ever since boards went down, and now is back up, it's a bit buggy in the password areas, there was a time when it came back up that not many people could log in. It's not the browser's fault, it's the site.

Advertisement