Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and iol playing games!!!

• 23-01-2005 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

I was with eircom for the free trail and when that ended I saw that iol had a trail and decided to give it a go, but know eircom are messing me around and won't do some job on their end so iol can not start my trail. Is there any way to get eircom's ass in gear.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if you were on eircoms bb trial you cannot get the iol trial as far as i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Sounds like eircom don't want you to be able to compare IOL against there service because maybe its better and they don't want you to choose IOL BB, just a theory nothing more!

Hakko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

The various trials are for first time xDSL users afaik so you don't qualify for another one ya greedy monkey. ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

I doubt you are being singled out Eircom are just SLOW at getting things done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Eircom's wholesale product documentation states: Where a promotion rebate and transfer voucher have previously been applied to a telephone number/CLI, the Access Seeker may still choose to offer that Subscriber a DSL service, but may not avail of the promotion rebate and transfer voucher for that Subscriber’s telephone number/CLI.
    In other words, they will not subsidise a 2nd or further trial on any one line and EsatBT/IOL will have to pay for it out of their own pocket.
    I suppose that this is possible, though unlikely.

UTV's Terms & Conditions specifically state: This Offer is only available to you if your phone line is not currently, and has never been, enabled with a broadband service (ADSL/DSL). I don't have IOL's to hand but imagine they are similar.

Maybe you will benefit from an administrative cock-up. :) Let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Eircom suck, but you shouldn't avail of the free broadband offer twice from the two companies. You have had the few month's free trial, either you want it (and will pay for it) or not.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

ionapaul wrote:
    Eircom suck, but you shouldn't avail of the free broadband offer twice from the two companies. You have had the few month's free trial, either you want it (and will pay for it) or not.

There would not be much future for broadband as a business if we could all flit from provider to provider without paying a penny in the process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

yea u shud be able to try different providers .. not ur fault they offering free trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They're not required to offer you a free trial. But they do anyway - it's a marketing decision.

on another note - I found out recently that if you sign up with iol and get the phone bundle you don't pay the 90 installation charge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

ionapaul wrote:

I do not why I shouldn't avail of the offers from two different companies if I am allowed to under the terms and conditions, if not i'll pay the monthly subscriptions. If I can save €135 I will, I do not feel any loyalty to one company and it should be my right as a consumer to shop around and take advantage of any offers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement