Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reflections on BSG Season 1

• 23-01-2005 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

So - here we are at the end of season one, and still there are great debates going on about the latest (penultimate) episode, and what it means for the future etc.

Although I've yet to see the last ep, I have to say I'm very satisfied with the series, and delighted to see such quality on the TV in a sci-fi genre. There have been some dodgy episodes, some dubious plot lines and some really terrible plot devices here and there, but to balance that out we have had some wonderful 'reality', terriffic acting, really interesting characters, great scenes and setups and a very interesting theme/plot running through the whole show, right from the start.

Given that this is season 1.. I've got to say I'm hugely impressed. Think back to season 1 of any other show, just take a few seconds and do that...remember the dodgy acting, the crap sets, the really 'safe' storylines and the 'by the numbers' plots in most of them, and then consider what BSG season one has given us.. and I think you will agree that this is a contender we have here in our midst, a really decent sci-fi show with balls which will hopefully continue to entertain and surprise us in season two.

So - upon reflection - this has been an excellent season one in my opinion, with a few missteps, but overall truely innovative and entertaining. Long may it continue. Roll on season two with (hopefully) even more episodes than the 13 we got this year.

c0y0te

Comments

Advertisement