Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metoer vs Others

Options
  • 23-01-2005 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on Vodafone, and tbh I've tried all different tarrifs and cant seem to keep my bills down. I've been checking up on Meteor (the €40 talk plan) and the prices seem to be far more competitve (9c text, 25c flat rate voice) and so on.

Is there anything I should be worried about that would make me rethink a move?

Also, do I have to wait until my contract runs out on vodafone, or can I leave anytime? I only seem to remember the initial contract that I signed being valid for one year?

Ty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

have you upgraded less than a year ago? the contract you sign when you get an upgrade is the same an the initial one, ie your bound for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

/me slaps head

of course, i signed sommat when i upgraded, just 2 months ago.

oh well, looks like im staying vodafone for another while....

ty for pointing that out Stekelly

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

I am considering moving from O2 to Meteor and have been reading all the threads about O2 v Vodaphone v Meteor and have a question that maybe someone might know the answer to.

Is it possible to get a trial period of a month or 2 from meteor before signing a annual contract so if there are issues, I can move away? Seems like a logical idea for Meteor to use if they want business from people like me that hear the scary stories about the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 runaway

why not just go with Meteor pre paid for a month or two? That way you can tell what the coverage is like in the area's you most commonly use the phone? Thats what i did. In the end I moved to Vodafone as they were the only ones with any coverage in my office (its out in the Wilds of Wicklow).

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Runaway - Great minds think alike or something like that. But a friend just handed me a Meteor SIM to try out for a few weeks. This will be an interesting test.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement