Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Page Problems with Firefox?

Options
  • 23-01-2005 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭

If this is the wrong place for this apologies........

Is anyone else having problems today viewing threads with Firefox ?

Sometimes when I click on a thread in a forum it opens up as an unformatted text page.
    Never happened before,only happening the odd time and haven't seen it happen with IE yet

Seven Worlds will Collide

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Does hitting refresh work? There have been some issues reported with FF occasionally losing the CSS if its externally linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Does hitting refresh work? There have been some issues reported with FF occasionally losing the CSS if its externally linked.

Not sure tbh,will consciously try the next time it happens and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I haf no problem wid de Firefox. She makes all de web pages.

This is what I got when I changed back to Firefox and logged on

Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.10
    X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10
    Set-Cookie: bblastactivity=1106502493; expires=Mon, 23-Jan-2006 17:48:17 GMT; path=/
    Expires: 0
    Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Set-Cookie: bbuserid=33872; expires=Mon, 23-Jan-2006 17:48:17 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie: bbpassword=101da1943f76c14e68475f83205ad648; expires=Mon, 23-Jan-2006 17:48:17 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie: bbsessionhash=e35912d1af6fc7805433f98086793212; path=/
    Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Transfer-encoding: chunked

1f0
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"&gt;
    <html dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>boards.ie/vbulletin</title>

The reload did work though Doodle........at least it did that time but subsequently didn't......looks like I'll have to go back to 'reliable' IE......and may the Lord have mercy on my soul....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have youchecked the versoin of firefox you are using.

I personally have not had this problem. it could just be hiccup either in your net connection or the boards.ie database,

• Advertisement

Billy - this is the version...is there a 'check for update'

Have re-booted,cleared the cache etc......

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041110 Firefox/1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041001 Firefox/0.10.1

dont know how different mine is to yours but I have not had any problems. that is my version above btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I've got the same FF patch, haven't expierienced any problems wso, i've no sugestions as to what else it may be though :( sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I experienced it too. Latest version of firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I experienced it some months back, and just now. Latest firefox.

I think the last time it happened was to a memory leak in the beta version of FF. Not sure why it is happening now. Generally close your browser window and reopen it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Folks..well at least I'm not the only one - was about to try a system restore !......only started yesterday......a small bit of a nuisance ...IE seems awful when you get used to Firefox...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Yes, I've seen this problem. I've also seen it on other sites. A refresh works and should be quick.

Advertisement