Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich for the Summer

• 23-01-2005 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hopefully going to go to Munich for a few weeks this summer but am new to the whole experience. We will be staying in a hostel, so does anyone have any recommendations (perhaps some webpages) or maybe just some things I should bring along/ do before I go etc...

I've found most of my information on the net about booking flights, hostel prices etc. One thing I find difficult is the whole job side. Should I just go over with enough money for a few weeks and then find a job in an Irish Bar or should I just try to organise something before I leave?

Perhaps someone might have some places I check out for jobs (here or there)
    Above all It would be good to hear ppls experiences with working abroad over the summer.

I appreciate the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

good hostel,right next to train station too.
    4 you munich

bring a good bit of money as you could be looking a while for jobs and the accomodation over there aint cheap compared to other german cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

im going over to europe on the 2nd of feb. have eneough money for a month and a half, hopefully i can get a job in that time. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 optikus-prime

im going over to europe on the 2nd of feb.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your already in Europe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

Euro Youth Hostel is probably the best hostel but I would completely recommend camping. Not only is it cheaper but they the have a brilliant atmosphere and load of irish people who go over to work stay there. You have just as much room as you would in a hostel and you get pretty much the same facilities. The Tent and Thalkirchen are the big ones. Most of the people I met who were staying long term stayed at the camp-sites

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

My fav place in the world by the way. Best beer ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

that euro hotel place are lookin for people
    jobs at euro youth hotel

Advertisement