Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This game is driving me nuts!

Options
  • 23-01-2005 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've returned to CoD after a good few months on HL (and more specifically CSS) but I remember now how the one level I'm on (in UO) is driving me insane.
    It's the final US one (I believe) where you're meant to protect Captain Foley as he runs bareassed up the street. I've cleared the way for him on numerous occasions, but then somebody shouts "Sniper!", the screen fades and Capt Foley is dead.

I managed to get past it once but got killed by the second tank that came rolling (I got the first one and one hit on the second before succumbing)
    I know it's just perseverance at this stage, but man, is it just me or is UO just a case of "throw a tank at the player, and again, and again, now 50 soldiers, a tank, a tank, more soldiers, a half track, a tank, and a sniper. And another tank". It's just a little much.

I don't know if anyone can help, but I needed to vent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

lol i put a cheat in to get past that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Find the sniper. I don't actually remember this part...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Find the sniper.
    Oh, thank God you're here, man. ;)

Bit difficult to find a sniper when the entire 12th infantry is shooting you through a window. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Can't remember myself , but I'll ask my young lad , he has cleared it about 20 times so he is sure to remember , will post back when I have the answer , prob tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

My UO story: Bought it > Installed it > Cleared it > Formatted PC > Never re-installed it... :(

As a result I haven't got a clue where you are stuck and what you are supposed to do. But I've been thinking about re-installing UO for some time in order to have another go at the single player mode so I'll keep you posted! :D

Are you still stuck by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i dont remember getting stuck in uo too often, but when i did (the big battle in the square near the end, there was a sniper the other side of the square on the right who was very hard to see) i just kept persevering, only save when you're sure your in a safe place and your health is pretty good, otherwise it'll be a nightmare, doing the same thing again and again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

...only save when you're sure your in a safe place and your health is pretty good, otherwise it'll be a nightmare, doing the same thing again and again...

Great advice angelofdeath! :D

Advertisement