Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will be relegated from the Premiership?

• 23-01-2005 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Pick three

must have been something in the air yesterday!

Who'll be in the bottom 3? 121 votes

Portsmouth
    0% 0 votes
    Birmingham
    11% 14 votes
    WBA
    4% 5 votes
    Crystal Palace
    41% 50 votes
    Southampton
    21% 26 votes
    Norwich
    21% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I voted for WBA, Norwich and Southampton... I like saints though, so fingers crossed they get out of the trouble that they are in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

i went for the 3 that came up last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I went for the three that came up too.

No Blackburn? I would say they are far from safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

its a pity liverpool didnt start the season like they are playing now,they just might be in that list :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I would go with 3 that came up , they are all ****e.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The three that went up will be going straight back down. I don't see Southampton going down with messr's Redknapp and son at the helm. The other two likely teams, Blackburn and Fulham are far too strong (compared to the three new teams at least) to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I went for WBA, Norwich, and Southampton, though it will probably be Palarse instead of the Saints come the end of the season. Dowie really needs Johnson to keep up his current form, and Routledge to stay until the end of the year.

Would love to see Southampton go down, I'm getting sick of their plucky fight against relegation malarky... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

The three that came up this season, can't really see any other team going down...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Where's Liverpool on the poll?

:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

where are blackburn?? they have a very good chance of going down IMO!
    this will be the closest relegation battle yet in the premiership. too many teams are really inconsistent this season. I went for WBA, Norwich and Palace but it could be anyone in the bottom 6 or 7!

• Advertisement

Another question:

How many points will guarantee safety?

/methinks 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

KdjaC wrote:
    I would go with 3 that came up , they are all ****e.

kdjac

i didnt like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Norwich
    Southampton
    WBA

Those are what i think goes down, though I would like to see Birminghamd and Fulham go instead of Norwich and Southampton. Surprised not to see Blackburn there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

gimmick wrote:
    Norwich
    Southampton
    WBA

Those are what i think goes down, though I would like to see Birminghamd and Fulham go instead of Norwich and Southampton. Surprised not to see Blackburn there.
    And I didn't like that either, tbh as Raskolnikov said Fulham are too strong (compared to the bottom three) to relegate

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Same three that were promoted last season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I went for Norwich, West Brom and Birmingham. I think Palace and Saints will scrape out of it, but a few bad results for birmingham will drop them right back in there. Blackburn seem to be galvanised by hughes and will comfortably survive I reckon. Why are everyone except Chelsea so inconsistant this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Where are Blackburn and Bolton? They're both in free-fall.

6 pointer at Ewood tonight.

galactus wrote:
    Where are Blackburn and Bolton? They're both in free-fall.

6 pointer at Ewood tonight.

Recent form suggests Blackburn are on the way up, not down.

http://www.soccerbot.com/fa/tables/ukprem05.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

West Brom, Norwich and Portsmouth

I reckon the first two are doomed as it is, Southhampton on the up and Portsmouth on the down. If the continue to sell players theres only one place they will end up. Looks like Mandaric has had enough of pompey and wants out imo. Quashie, Faye maybe Yakubu? Surely if they loose Yakubu it will be their ultimate downfall....

Recent form suggests Blackburn are on the way up, not down.

http://www.soccerbot.com/fa/tables/ukprem05.htm

I beg to differ!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4177045.stm

Seriously, Blackburn aren't out of it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

"Where's Liverpool on the poll?

:-("

:) No need to be negative!! Opps maybe this is off topic and will get the thread closed ;)

Would reckon the 3 that came up last year are in bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

galactus wrote:
    I beg to differ!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4177045.stm

Seriously, Blackburn aren't out of it yet.
    Blackburn are 6th on the form table and Bolton have won their last 3 matches (2 away and one against Arsenal) so they aren't in "free-fall" which is what therecklessone corrected you on.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/formGuide.jsp?

eirebhoy wrote:
    Blackburn are 6th on the form table and Bolton have won their last 3 matches (2 away and one against Arsenal) so they aren't in "free-fall" which is what therecklessone corrected you on.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/formGuide.jsp?

Granted "free-fall" is a slight over statement on my part.

6th in the form table? I see Liverpool are only two places behind them in 8th.

So, Blackburn's form of late is slightly better than Liverpool's...

Lies, damn lies etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Would love to see Southampton go down, I'm getting sick of their plucky fight against relegation malarky... :D

Nice one. And for your sake I hope we stay up and beat you twice next season you bigot.

A Brief History of our "Plucky Fight against Relegation Malarky":

03/04 - 12th
    02/03 - 8th (and the FA Cup Final)
    01/02 - 11th

Other than this minor blip this season, we're well over that.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Nice one. And for your sake I hope we stay up and beat you twice next season you bigot.
    Bigot? ROFL. :D

"One who is strongly partial to one's own group and is intolerant of those who differ."

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    "One who is strongly partial to one's own group and is intolerant of those who differ."
    So because he wants Soton relegated he's a bigot? :confused: Anyway, back on topic...

OK poorly worded, sorry! Just thought his point of wanting us relegated for being constantly in relegation battles was a bit off, considering it hasnt happened in a long while.

Anyway, I also went for the three promoted clubs - tbh I cant see anyone else getting sucked into the affair and Saints are showing promise. Then again, so are some of the others... Maybe I'm just an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

d22ontour wrote:
    its a pity liverpool didnt start the season like they are playing now,they just might be in that list :D

Its a pity Chelsea , United and Arsenal arent all relegated for something like....tapping up players , with those 3 gone the league would be open for anyone to win .

I voted for WBA , Saints , Norwich , but you wouldn't know how it will end up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I have no opinions, but I pray to god palace stay up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No it wouldn't it'd be between Liverpool Middlesborough and Newcastle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

westbrom, norwich, blackburn(althought not in the list)

i love to see palace stay up, would like norwich aswell but i cant see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

at this juncture, WBA and Norwich have the most votes but both have improved in the last few weeks

And Palace's win over Liverpool was a major boost

If Southampton win at Norwich I think they'll pull it off.

Really is between those four, Portsmouth are practically safe.

so I predict
    18 WBA
    19 Crystal Palace
    20 Norwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

norwich will stay up i think, they have the easiest 2 games by far. The lose yesterday mentally might damage them, but if they look at who the other teams have to play they should be well up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm back from the Soton game and I have to say, even though I'm gutted at the loss it's still all to play for. WBA are more or less gone with the games they got coming up. Palace and Soton play each other which I pray will be a draw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement