Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellamy vs Souness

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

eirebhoy wrote:
    I could only dread the thought of seeing him in a Celtic shirt (him and Hartson are close mates from their time at Coventry and Wales). :(

You say that knowing there's little to no chance of him signing, I bet if he did you'd be over the moon. He's an excellent player and would walk into the Celtic team, with Celtic having a good man manager in O'Neil he'd be ideal for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Slash/ED wrote:
    You say that knowing there's little to no chance of him signing, I bet if he did you'd be over the moon. He's an excellent player and would walk into the Celtic team, with Celtic having a good man manager in O'Neil he'd be ideal for you.
    Well since he looks like he's going to Birmingham there's no chance of him going to Celtic but it was all over the radio this morning that Celtic have put a loan bid in and I was far from happy. He's an idiot and no manager would sort him out. BTW, I didn't want Rivaldo at Celtic either. In saying all that, they'd get my reluctant support if they were to sign.

BTW, O'Neill's man management skills are extremely overrated. I've read so many interviews from Celtic players saying they haven't talking to O'Neill in weeks. The perfect example is Juninho who only started his first match this month since October and hadn't a clue if he was wanted at the club. His record at turning bad player good is impressive though I wouldn't say that has anything to do with man management.

Just watching Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement and they're talking about Bellamy. One of them told a story about when Dean Kiely was playing for Bury and Bellamy was playing for Norwich, Kiely saved a peno on Bellamy and he never forgot about it. The next time they were up against each other Bellamy got another peno and this time scored. He went up to Kiely with his fist up to his face really riled up. Then, before the next Bury-Norwich game Bellamy got Kiely's phone number and start giving him a load of abuse down the phone. All over a saved peno.:D

Also, I think this was with Norwich again. He was on the team coach and a few of the senior players locked him in the toilet and wouldn't let him out until he signed a bit of paper saying he'll stop giving the senior players abuse. After 2 hours in the toilet he reluctantly signed the piece of paper.:D

Slash/ED wrote:
    You say that knowing there's little to no chance of him signing
    underrate the Hartson friendship? ;)

I'm not happy with him being in talks with Celtic as I hate him but at least there'll be a trial period of 5 month to see if he gets up to anything. I'm sure big John would sort him out anyway. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    underrate the Hartson friendship? ;)

I'm not happy with him being in talks with Celtic as I hate him but at least there'll be a trial period of 5 month to see if he gets up to anything. I'm sure big John would sort him out anyway. :)
    What did I tell ye, here's a quote from Hartson:
    ''I've been here four years and you simply can't go around like he does and say the things he does, I'll be having a word.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i put €35 on souness in the third round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Muppet wrote:
    How to dismantle a premiership team, by Greaham Souness

1) Take control of a club with a decent if not brilliant squad
    2) Have argument with important player, as a result play someone else
    3) Bring in players from Scottish football
    4) Have stupid argument with best player, refuse to play him ever again and sell him
    5) Repeat process 4 until another premiership club shows interest
    6) Move to intersted club, start process over.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4213271.stm

All too true, I'm afraid to say. Robson had to go, as frankly he was going a bit bonkers near the end there, but Souness!?!?!? O'Neill, Curbishley, David Moyes, ANYONE (except maybe Brian Robson) would have been a better choice.

Freddie Shepherd is a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Who applied though? Veneables was being interviewed ffs, he'd destroy your squad even better than Souness and probably manage to earn a fair amount for himself in the process.

Advertisement