Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installation of Lidl Satellite

Options
  • 23-01-2005 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I have a problem. (just one of many i might add)
    I bought a lidl satellite dish, finder etc except the LNb. Just got the LNB from our local boards satellite website (you know who I am talking about as I am sure hell reply to this). I sat down for about 1hr 30 mins today and got the everything put together and up connected and was ready to go. The Dish is set about 4 feet from the ground and there are no houses in the way, a neighbour of mine has there dish in the same position. I put the sat finder onto the line between the LNB and the reciever and followed the instructions.

Having read the posts about people who have had some troubles installing their dishes I thought I would have been prepared, but I wasnt. all i get is "Signal weak" and that is it. On the sat finder I dont even get a light on the LNB or an audiable signal.

I looked at all the satellite dishes around me, mainly sky digital but a few Lidl ones (i think one of my neighbours fell down because the wall bracket looked upside down and the dish was missing), and pointed the dish in the direction of the others. I was outside for 12 middday so I could tell what south roughly was. No matter what I did with the dish i got nothing and the sat finder didnt even light up.
    I had no coax cable (ill get some in work tommorow) so i used a pipe cable with 2 f to pipe connectors on them and that is how i linked them up.

Has anyone got any ideas
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

dbyrne wrote:
    I have a problem. (just one of many i might add)
    I bought a lidl satellite dish, finder etc except the LNb. Just got the LNB from our local boards satellite website (you know who I am talking about as I am sure hell reply to this). I sat down for about 1hr 30 mins today and got the everything put together and up connected and was ready to go. The Dish is set about 4 feet from the ground and there are no houses in the way, a neighbour of mine has there dish in the same position. I put the sat finder onto the line between the LNB and the reciever and followed the instructions.

Having read the posts about people who have had some troubles installing their dishes I thought I would have been prepared, but I wasnt. all i get is "Signal weak" and that is it. On the sat finder I dont even get a light on the LNB or an audiable signal.

I looked at all the satellite dishes around me, mainly sky digital but a few Lidl ones (i think one of my neighbours fell down because the wall bracket looked upside down and the dish was missing), and pointed the dish in the direction of the others. I was outside for 12 middday so I could tell what south roughly was. No matter what I did with the dish i got nothing and the sat finder didnt even light up.
    I had no coax cable (ill get some in work tommorow) so i used a pipe cable with 2 f to pipe connectors on them and that is how i linked them up.

Has anyone got any ideas
    thanks in advance
    Try posting on satellite forum and you might get more feedback!!!http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

you need proper sat cable not any pipe crap otherwise you will pick up nothing

Advertisement