Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going on Hols in September, YOU DECIDE

• 23-01-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

myself and my significant other are heading on holidays in late september but we are arguing about where we want to go. so we have decided to let ye kind people do the choosing for us. we have narrowed down the choice to (a) Barcelona, (b) Rome or (c) Budapest. Choose wisely my friends!

if anyone has any tips on any of these places they would be very welcome.

cheers mes amigos

Where to go on holidays? 23 votes

Barcelona
    0% 0 votes
    Rome
    39% 9 votes
    Budapest
    60% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

it looks like your going to rome... and remember.
    when in rome...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

I picked Budapest, but I've never been. I hear it's fantastic. Cheaper than Prague and nicer. It might be my next place of call.
    Only place I've been on the list was Barcelona. It's a gr8 city.

I'd highly recommend Dubrovnik though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

*Monty Burns style excellent*

This will be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nuadha

Barcelona's great - I've never been to the other two, but my sister's travel teacher was in Bucharest a couple of years ago for a holiday, and after the first day, they left and finished their holiday in Barcelona instead. Didn't leave a great impression obviously. If you're going get this travel guide - really good. Cheaper if you get it at Play.com actually because of the free postage. It covers just about everything you could possible want to see, and great advice about what to do there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Jim10000

In my opinion, Rome and Barcelona are both absolutely fantastic with Budapest lagging behind a bit. It's interesting to see the remains of the Communist rule there and all, and it's probably cheaper, but it's not be as much fun, and is a little bit *grim* . If you do go I'd recommend the baths.
    If you have any interest in Art (or even if you're don't) Rome is great. Its a good idea to book the museums you'd like to visit in advance, the numbers are probably in guide books. The Travestavere (sp?) area is really nice for restaurants and to stay in too, and the food's amazing.
    Barcelona's really ace too. It would be difficult have a great time there.
    Have a good holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭fiacha

i'm off to Barcelona for a few days in May. i'll let you know how i get on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SouthernComfort

Of course ive never been to any of these places but Rome still wins hands down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

its 9-9-9, ye are not really making the decision any easier. at this rate we will be going to all three and i dont think my bank manager will appreciate that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭pete

solice wrote:
    its 9-9-9, ye are not really making the decision any easier. at this rate we will be going to all three and i dont think my bank manager will appreciate that!
    Rome. Everyone needs to see Rome at least once.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I also picked rome, cos as pete said, it's weeeeeell worth seeing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Greetings from the "significant other". Looks like we are off to Roma as it stands!

If anyone has any accom tips for any of the three cities listed above, it would be greatly appreciated...we'll send ya a postcard and bring you back a stick of rock by means of saying thanks :-)

Advertisement