Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand New

Options
  • 23-01-2005 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Ever heard of them?
    They've been on the scene a good few years now, so what do y'all think of them? I think they are amazing, one of my favourites!!!
    They are a typical emo band, thats whats so kick ass!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They are a typical emo band

The doomsday siren just went off in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

They were mentioned in a thread about emo a while back. I still wouldn't consider them emo myself, but they are brilliant. Only have Deja Entendu. I've been meaning to get some more stuff by them. Other album(s) good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

I've just had to google for "Emo", pardon my ignorance. Emotionally charged punk rock seems suitable though, their lyrics tend to verge on over the top but I picked up some of their stuff in the US and it's all good, although I originally saw one of their tunes on Kerrang, so I was expecting them to be heavier. The Deja Entendu album is probably the better of the two I have.

My favourite song of thiers is probably "Jude Law...", but that's the only song I know from that album. I would have gotten it first, but I could only find Deja Entendu. It turned out to be far better than I expected.

As for the emo thing, "emotionally charged punk rock" pretty much defines Brand New, but they're not like any other emo band I know, so I find it hard to think of them of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭latimer

Yeah I love Brand New. Got deja entendu when it came out & recently got your favourite weapon. Lyrically brilliant & great musical innovation

They were meant to be playing in TBMC with Finch about a year and a half ago, but didn't. Then they did the whole of the UK with Incubus last May, but didn't do ireland. That pissed me right off.

• Advertisement

Did they not support Incubus in the point. Thought they did. I was gonna go to that for them, but it was just a tad too expensive for me.

Got Your Favourite Weapon today. Haven't listened to it yet. Expecting great things...

Ok, having listened to Your Favourite Weapon two or three times, it's safe to say it's far more emo-y than Deja Entendu.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Yeah, their frist album is by far heavier than Deja Entendu, but the variety between the 2 is what really attracted me. They are incredibly talented and based on Your Favourite Weapon, they are emo! Well in my mind they are emo personified!!!!
    I am just really hoping that they announce an Irish date when they release their next album. From the good auld grape-vine i heard they are recording a new record, thus being the reason that they are not touring and haven't released anything recently!

Advertisement