Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy with the number of immigrants in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-01-2005 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Question in the title.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm not happy with your post.
    Add a comment before or after the post, offering your opinion on the subject, or at the very least, your reason for adding the topic.

Please remeber that we are neither a news channel nor an announcement forum - if you are not willing to discuss what you post, then please don't post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Cool Cat

Ok I'm going to be called a racist for this... but I think we are over run!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

Doodle...

Apologies. No, I am not happy. And I don't think I'm alone. For the person who said 'we are over run' and feels he might be called a racist? Why would you be. Where is there a hit of racism in that. Don't be afraid of what the 'politically correct' might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Yes.

Next?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd like an actual opinion that might lead to a discussion from the original poster rather than a simple "no I'm not happy", given that this isn't a chat room. You've got a day to give one, as per custom.

• Advertisement

Okay,

I'm not happy with the current policy. It needs changing. It doesn't need our representatives going to China and so on, seeking to bring more students over here.

Why do people feel it is our 'duty' to help these asylum seekers? Is it not our duty to help our own nation? The old and the sick need special attention.

Walk the streets of Dublin tomorrow and you'll see. Multiculturism is for the worse. The BNP have the right approach to tackling this problem. Did you know that Asylum seekers, illegeal or not, still get 3 meals a day and a weekly wage?

Teneka wrote:
    Did you know that Asylum seekers, illegeal or not, still get 3 meals a day and a weekly wage?

Can i be the first to say: "Source, please!"

edit:

also - which policy, specifically?

Do you mean students or do you mean immigrants?

Why is multiculturalism "for the worse"?

Why are the BNP correct?

etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Are foreign countries overrun with irish workers?

I always wonder this , we been mvoing abroad for years to work illegally yet its ok, but when it happens us its not ok.

Never understood that :confused:

kdjac

The BNP have the right approach. Thats what I said.

Stats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I'm not happy. I think we need more.

Did you know they also get free houses and sh1t cars Pete?rolleyes.gif

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

So long as people come to work we should welcome them, its the spongers that we dont want. If someone applies for asylum they should be given permission to work while their application is been processed. its better haviving them contribute to the state than living off it. This of course begs the question, how can immigrants get jobs yet our so called long term unemployed cant.

Teneka wrote:
    The BNP have the right approach. Thats what I said.

And that approach would be.....?

No it isn't.

Are foreign countries overrun with irish workers?

How many Irish set up shop in African countries or China etc?

I'm guessing this isn't what you mean by "set up shop"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Teneka wrote:
    Or England, America or Austrialia? :rolleyes:

Pete,

You actually have to click the link you know.

"Your accommodation is full board, which includes bed, breakfast, lunch, and evening meal.

Each adult will receive a personal allowance of 19.05 euro per week and 9.52 euro for each child plus child benefit. Your local Community Welfare Officer (CWO) will advise you on how to apply for child benefit"

Teneka wrote:
    Pete,

You actually have to click the link you know.

"Your accommodation is full board, which includes bed, breakfast, lunch, and evening meal.

Each adult will receive a personal allowance of 19.05 euro per week and 9.52 euro for each child plus child benefit. Your local Community Welfare Officer (CWO) will advise you on how to apply for child benefit"
    I'm also guessing you don't know the difference between an asylum seeker, a refugee and an illegal immigrant. How surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Teneka wrote:
    Okay,

I'm not happy with the current policy. It needs changing. It doesn't need our representatives going to China and so on, seeking to bring more students over here.

Chinese students are not asylum seekers.
    Teneka wrote:
    Why do people feel it is our 'duty' to help these asylum seekers?

Because we are signatories to the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
    Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.

[edit]our accession to the UN came in 1955[/edit]
    Through its accession to the United Nations on 14 December 1955, Ireland accepted the Purposes and Principles of the Charter and the moral force of the Universal Declaration

Source

Teneka wrote:
    The BNP have the right approach to tackling this problem.

The BNP are a bunch of frustrated thugs who rather than choosing constructive engagement in society to address social problems instead blame the outsider, in this case immigrants. That is not the right approach.
    Teneka wrote:
    Did you know that Asylum seekers, illegeal or not, still get 3 meals a day and a weekly wage?

Did you know that the validity of an asylum seekers claim cannot be established without some assessment? Did you know that until that assessment is completed, the legality or lack thereof cannot be determined?

Are you suggesting that we do not provide the basic requirements for survival (you know, food and shelter, those sort of luxuries...) to asylum seekers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Teneka wrote:

Why does it have to African countries or China? Millions of Irish have gone to American, Australia, England over the years and 'set up shop' as you put it.

Do you think it doesn't count because we're white?

Teneka wrote:

Oh Good Lord. A whole 19 euro a week? My God - no wonder they all live in mansions and have gold-plated feet.

What's your problem with people wanting to come to our country and work and maybe make a better life for themselves and their families? The Irish been doing it for centuries.

• Advertisement

Haha

Knew someone would bring up the 'years ago' thing

Chinese students are not asylum seekers.

Em, never said they were but thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Did you know that the validity of an asylum seekers claim cannot be established without some assessment? Did you know that until that assessment is completed, the legality or lack thereof cannot be determined?

I know, thats where the money goes.

Are you suggesting that we do not provide the basic requirements for survival (you know, food and shelter, those sort of luxuries...) to asylum seekers?

No, I suggest we send them back to their respective homeplace.

Teneka wrote:

So... you're saying chinese students, who are over here paying for an education, should be kicked out? Any particular reason, other than they're chinese?

You know... i never would have guess that would be your suggested solution. Not in a million years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I clicked on that link (BNP / oasis.gov.ie)and got the following:"
    Date modified:
    2002-11-14

Date created:
    2001-03-19"

Anyone know if this is all still true? I would have my doubts tbh!

I should not rise to trolls like this idiot.

As for the 'years ago' thing you speak of. Why does it make a difference if we flooded into American one hundred years ago or last year? We still did it and weren't 'sent back where we came from'.

Man I hate racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

pete wrote:
    So... you're saying chinese students, who are over here paying for an education, should be kicked out? Any particular reason, other than they're chinese?
    I'd also like to point out - they pay ridiculous fees for their education being non-europeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Teneka wrote:

I prefer straight from the horse's mouth. You're own words:
    Teneka wrote:
    It doesn't need our representatives going to China and so on, seeking to bring more students over here.

Why do people feel it is our 'duty' to help these asylum seekers?
    Teneka wrote:
    I know, thats where the money goes.

1948. Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Obligations.

Join the dots.
    Teneka wrote:

See above.

Man I hate racists

???

Good to know. Now that you think you're 'tough' by bring that out etc...care to elaborate?
    I'd also like to point out - they pay ridiculous fees for their education being non-europeans!

True enough. A chinese lad in my class pays high fees. As does my flatmate.

Teneka wrote:
    ???

Good to know. Now that you think you're 'tough' by bring that out etc...care to elaborate?

True enough. A chinese lad in my class pays high fees. As does my flatmate.
    i think you missed a few questions back up the page there.

off you go.

Teneka wrote:
    ???

Ha. It doesn't make me tough little man. I was merely stating that I hate racists, like yourself.

Elaborate you say? Okay.

I hate the twisted logic racists use to try and convince themselves that their points are valid when it fact they are just in denial that they are race haters.
    I hate the sneering look they have on their face as they spout their bigoted rhetoric. I hate the way they preface their vile opinions with "I'm not a racist but..."

I hate them so much that it makes me laugh. I am a racistist.

Face it - you are a racist.

• Advertisement

Poor Pete...

The reason is because I'm against multiculturalism. Nothing too complicated for you there Pete?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement