Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy with the number of immigrants in Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Including or excluding EU citizens? Because so far you seem quite content to pick on Asian or African people, but none others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Including or excluding EU citizens? Because so far you seem quite content to pick on Asian or African people, but none others...

That's because they're only a problem if they have different colour skin. Man - is Teneka not explaining his extremely well thought out points well enough for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Teneka

Face it - you are a racist

Wrong.

A racist, in my eyes, has a strong hatred for other races. Me? I do not. I know some Chinese (just taking this as an example) folk in college. For me, their life is to be lived in China - something which they (ones I speak to) intend to do once they recieve their degree.

Plus, take back that comment. Doesn't bode well for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Teneka wrote:
    Okay,

I'm not happy with the current policy. It needs changing. It doesn't need our representatives going to China and so on, seeking to bring more students over here.

They went to China to foster business relations which basically means sending trade over there.

As for the students, if you took every asian student away from the college system we'd have to bring back fees amounting to twice what they were and half the intake of students. To put simply foreign students fund our colleges.

Smart thinking there batman :Rolleyes:
    approach to tackling this problem. Did you know that Asylum seekers, illegeal or not, still get 3 meals a day and a weekly wage?
    and you think people should be let starve and rot in poverty?

My god, why do you guys come over here in the pretense of rational debate? Why can't you come in and say "Hi, I'm from <insert radical white supremecy group here> and we're looking to recruit racists, biggots and other similar minded drones for our hate crusades. If you feel you are up to the task and don't mind terrorising children, setting crosses on fire, or reciting rhetoric without understanding it, sign up today.....

It would make the whole thing easier and we wouldn't have to spend the first two pages of a thread uncovering you.

Teneka wrote:
    Wrong.

A racist, IN MY EYES, has a strong hatred for other races. Me? I do not.

In your eyes you're not a racist. However in everyone else's eyes you are.

Take back the comment? Hmmmmm..... No.

I think I'll just reiterate it.

You are a racist.

I'm not quite sure how it doesn't bode well for me? Are you going to hunt me down and force me to apologise?

• Advertisement

It's funny how you all come on here trying to be the hot shot. One person answered the question asked, albeit briefly.

Start a new thread if you want another debate, but answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Teneka wrote:

Expand on that please. Is it a threat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

That's because they're only a problem if they have different colour skin. Man - is Teneka not explaining his extremely well thought out points well enough for you?
    Seems perfectly clear to me: he's no racist. Just a skin-tonist!

Teneka wrote:
    It's funny how you all come on here trying to be the hot shot. One person answered the question asked, albeit briefly.

I'm more than happy with the number of immigrants in Ireland. I'll gladly take more.

Teneka wrote:

Apologies. It must be pretty confusing as to which side of the argument I am on.

I am happy with the number of immigrants in Ireland. I think they should be given work permits.

As for not answering questions - you seem to be avoiding quite a number yourself ya little scamp.

• Advertisement

Expand on that please. Is it a threat?

A threat? Haha, you guys are great. Left wing all the way.

There's not too much to expand on, simply making false accusations isn't a pleasant sight.

In your eyes you're not a racist. However in everyone else's eyes you are.

Take back the comment? Hmmmmm..... No.

I think I'll just reiterate it.

You are a racist.

I'm not quite sure how it doesn't bode well for me? Are you going to hunt me down and force me to apologise?

Careful now he sounds like a.....

muppetracist.jpg

I'm more than happy with the number of immigrants in Ireland. I'll gladly take more

You'll gladly take more???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

A racist, in my eyes, has a strong hatred for other races. Me? I do not. I know some Chinese (just taking this as an example) folk in college. For me, their life is to be lived in China - something which they (ones I speak to) intend to do once they recieve their degree.

why should they not be allowed to live in this country. If a person from china wants to bring a business idea that is common in china and sell it to the people of ireland, then he is more than welcome to come to ireland and do business.

personally I think anyone who is against multiculturalism, is an idiot, racist and xenophobe.

you havent addressed the issue of irish in america austrailia and the UK.

Ok, personally I think that since the OP has long forgotten that he wants a "debate on the points raised" and is instead quite happy to attempt to dodge questions and resort to general insults, I feel quite comfortable in declaring Teneka a troll, and recommending closure.

Teneka wrote:

There's not too much to expand on, simply making false accusations isn't a pleasant sight.

What you meant to say then is it doesn't reflect well on me not that it doesn't bode well for me which implies a threat.

I bet you think we should send all gays and lesbians back where they came from too. (Lesbania?)

Answer the questions you were asked you loveable rogue.

Teneka wrote:

Straight from the horse's mouth mkII.
    Teneka wrote:
    thanks for putting words in my mouth

Don't presume you know my politics because of one thread dealing with one issue.

Teneka wrote:

I say again for clarity or emphasis:

I'll gladly take more.

That clear enough?

Teneka wrote:

He gladly will. The man stated it. You read it. Is there confusion here?

I know I'm not taking this thread or poster seriously (mainly cos he hasn't even tried to debate the issue) but I for one say

Yes bring in as many as possible, if nothing else it'll improve the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

syke wrote:
    Careful now he sounds like a.....

muppetracist.jpg

is that a new one or has that card been around a while, never saw it before :)

I'm sure multiculturalism is not popular here. People are just afraid to say it. You know it. I'm up against a bunch of stubborn planks.

is that a new one or has that card been around a while, never saw it before :)

I made it ages ago but only gave it one airing before.

Teneka wrote:
    I'm sure multiculturalism is not popular here. People are just afraid to say it. You know it. I'm up against a bunch of stubborn planks.
    Or you're just wrong.

Is there confusion here?

Was there confusion about my statement denying being a racist?

Or you're just wrong.

Jees,

I could easily say the same to you. :confused:

Teneka wrote:

LOL so you ask a Q, you don't getthe answer you want and you insist that everyone agrees with you really and call everyone names for not just admitting it.

Racists ain't too bright now are they?

Teneka wrote:

No you're not. You're up against a number of posters who've posed some serious questions for you that you're unable to answer, so instead you've chosen to insult them.

Its not our fault you're unable to debate an issue you feel strongly about.

No confusion. I understood the sentence perfectly.

Didn't change the fact that you were wrong.

(this is fun)

• Advertisement

Teneka wrote:

Actually, on second reading thats the most troll-like post you've put up.

I've had my fun, so night night. Sleep tight. Don't let the immigrants bite...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement