Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is my 'Old Man' a bad person??

Options
  • 24-01-2005 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Arrived at work(family business) and there were no parking spaces available outside or anywhere else. I pulled up on the double yellow lines behind my old mans car. Got out and got his keys of him. I then moved his car back as he was going home shortly thereafter and the local Guards and parking wardens know his car anyway and never ticket it.

So anyway, I hop out of his car and into mine and pull out to move my car into the space. Just then a Granny mobile swings around me and into the space. I beep my horn and flash my lights but the driver continues to perform their parking manouver. I reverse back onto the yellow lines 'space' and hop out. I confront the driver who is a a 60yo woman. I ask her if she will be long in the shop. She says she's not going into our shop. I then explained in as calm a manner as I could that she should get out of my space then. I got it first says she. I explained that the space didn't exist 10 seconds previously as I had just moved my fathers car to make the space for my own. Tough she said, and off she went muttering something about being back in half an hour or so. She came back 3.5 hour later!!

Anyway to cut a long story short, my father not being the pushover that I apparently am 'accidently' 'bumped' her a few times when he was moving out of his space. The 'Oops' hand to the mouth gesture was priceless!!

F*ck her, she was in ignorant old cow and I wish I had of had the balls to do something nasty to her car.

:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

serves her right imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

No need to damage another person's property.

Ok, so she may be a pain. But, look at it from her point of view, as far as she is concerned, you could have been spoofing about it being 'your' space.

Two 'wrongs' don't make a 'right'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

A real man of stature your old man, in with the cops... sure isn't it great to so freely flout the law? Sure the ole one got what she deserved - a repair bill running into a couple of hundred to fix the dents - that'll teach her for messing with YOUR family... let her take it out of her pension....

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

She wan an ould woman. Annoying what she done, but jaysus christ like. Hardly the end of your little life.

Ur dads a knacker. And u want to be one too??? If i returned to my car and it was as obvious as this case that i knew who damaged it, i guarantee you i`d have both your legs broke in a not so very obvious way.

You dont think what your dad did was a bit sad no?? :confused: tragic even!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Old women rule the world. Surely you knew that?

Don't mess with old women. They know things. Lots of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Wow. Your dad is my hero. No. Really. I wish I could have been there to see the priceless "oops hand to mouth gesture."

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'm with Silvera on this one. Sure you know it was wrong yourself why post this otherwise?

Your lucky it wasn't rander00's mother / grandmother
    rander00 wrote:
    and it was as obvious as this case that i knew who damaged it, i guarantee you i`d have both your legs broke in a not so very obvious way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Oh FFS, did I say he rammed her and dented the car? He just tapped her rear bumper once or twice. A little scratch if anything. Both corners of her front bumpers were grazed where the ignorant oul bint had obviously hit other parked cars in the past manouvering out of a space. I wonder did she wait for the owners of those cars and appologise. Yeah right!

And she wasn't some doddery little old pensioner visiting her invalid husband in a nursing home or anything like that. Just an ignorant 60 year old battleaxe. I am very mild mannered and tbh if she had have done that to you, you probably would have read her the riot act and ended up in a screaming match. I was just speechless that someone could be so f*cking stubborn and ignorant and let it slide.

Had to laugh though when the old man 'accidently' bumped her car a few minutes later. I know it sounds like a 'knacker' thing to do to an 'old lady' but believe me she wasn't a nice little old lady, she was an 'up her own arse' ignorant cow, not little and not 'that' old either.

A real man of stature your old man, in with the cops... sure isn't it great to so freely flout the law?
    :rolleyes:

WTF?
    I then moved his car back as he was going home shortly thereafter and the local Guards and parking wardens know his car anyway and never ticket it.....
    ......when its on the double yellows a few yards up from our shop whereas he is fairgame anywhere else as it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

you should not have hit the grannys car, its not fair to damager here property in fairness, put a sign up outside you business saying "for customer parking only" & "clamping in operation" but yourself a nice cheap clamp and then if this happens again clamp them. Watch them get all apologetic and promise never to park there again. Our business does this the odd time, mind you we never charge a release fee just like to make a point about the parking.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Calibos wrote:
    an ignorant 60 year old battleaxe
    Not an ignorant young pup that didn't have the brains to park across the empty spot to make sure this wouldn't happen then?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dahamsta wrote:
    Not an ignorant young pup that didn't have the brains to park across the empty spot to make sure this wouldn't happen then?

adam

Not really possible with one person and two cars when your trying to move one car out of the space and the other into said space.

dahamsta wrote:

adam

Adam,

Ah I see what you're getting at, pull my car alongside the old mans car in its legitimate parking space....leave my car in the middle of a busy road...hop out and into the old mans car...reverse it his car back.....get back into my own car...hope that the queue of cars behind my car in the middle of the road will be kind enough to reverse back to give me room to reverse parallel park. Its so simple, why didn't I think of that! :rolleyes:

Look, I can understand someone pulling into the space not realising that I have just created that space outside my place of work by moving the proprieters car. What I can't understand was her "So what, f*ck you" attitude when I explained same. I didn't scream at her or have a major confrontation on the street with her, I didn't key her car, I didn't let the air out of her tyres, etc etc I was actually a push over due to utter shock at such ignorance. How do you deal with people like that? So when the old man 'accidentally' bumped her rear bumper on his way out of the space, I couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction, that what goes around comes around.

I know what my old man did was bad but it was a good kind of bad. :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Stekelly wrote:
    Not really possible with one person and two cars when your trying to move one car out of the space and the other into said space.
    Only if you're a puff.
    Calibos wrote:
    Ah I see what you're getting at, pull my car alongside the old mans car in its legitimate parking space....leave my car in the middle of a busy road...hop out and into the old mans car...reverse it his car back.....get back into my own car...hope that the queue of cars behind my car in the middle of the road will be kind enough to reverse back to give me room to reverse parallel park.
    Hey, it's not my fault you're too much of a wuss to do it. I had to stop my mother's car in the middle of a one-way street last week to jump start my own. Blocked the traffic up for a good five minutes or so while I sorted it out. You don't see me crying to mommy about it, do you? And she was just there like, it's not as if I had to go far to whine like a little girl.
    Its so simple, why didn't I think of that!
    Because you're a moron?
    I didn't scream at her or have a major confrontation on the street with her, I didn't key her car, I didn't let the air out of her tyres, etc etc I was actually a push over due to utter shock at such ignorance.
    Yet you applaud your old man for "accidentally" bumping into her car? Obviously you got your brains from him then. Thick, ignorant bollixes the pair of ye.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

stupid question,
    do you own the spot?, if not she was right, irrespective how ignorant she was. On that point, if it was right in front of your business, surely you would have alternative parking sorted so as to allow the spaces in front of you business to remain free for 'customers'?.

run across this a few times, why do people get so terrotorial about anything to do with a car?. It was a spot, you had to find another, get over it, life is too short

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not really relevant but what sort of car was she driving?
    New/old/expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Calibos wrote:
    I know what my old man did was bad

Asked and answered I think. Thread closed before it gets any worse ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement