Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passers by randomly assaulted in video prank.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I blame Dom Jolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

That is so wrong. It's not funny considering it could have been you or me minding our own buisness and getting slaped full force in the face. I would rip the fúckers apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have the ones in the videos been confirmed as legit? the reason I ask is that the people dont seem overly concerned, the guy in the hi-viz jacket just gets up and off the bus, then starts walking down the road without even looking behind him. Personally I'd make sure I decked the guy that did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

that's insane.

And I'd say the guy got off the bus cause it seemed like there were a fair few of the lads there.

where did you get the videos from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Thats typical of skangers. They always attack defenceless people in groups. They're pretty much wimps if you get them on their own. Theyre f****ng scumbags to go around doing this. Whats next, VIDEOTAPING RANDOM SHOOTINGS!!! :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

The guy on the bus obviously feared for his safety. He legged it when they started hitting him more often. He wasn't a young man either. This can only be entertaining for disturbed people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Cant believe they just hit that girl like that - what a shower of w*nkers... these guys should be caught.

where did you get those clips from??

Surely they didnt just release them with their faces in full view??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Let's hope they meet a black belt on the way home from training!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

I genuinely hope they contract anal warts, and no doubt it won't be long, before this shyte kicks off over here...
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

impr0v wrote:
    I blame Dom Jolly.

I blame Tango....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

i hope they come across me some day, 'cuz i tell ya, i'd kick the ****ing **** out of them, absolute ****ing knackers, and as a previous post said, they are wimps when you get them on their own. from past experiences as a bouncer i know this only too well. they are all well up for kicking the **** out of you when there is a big group of them, but once a few run off and its only 1 or 2 left they suddenly change their mind and decide that you are their best friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Nice of them to help the Crown Prosection Service like that.Commit a criminal act and create the evidence which can convict you. I mean you don't have leg to stand on if that is shown in court;

"My client was in Barnsley for a dental appointment on the day in question... oh wait he's in the video... I respectfully submit that my client has f-ed himself up the arse your honour and that he is far too stupid to avail of my counsel"

I think the smarter criminal will be the one shooting the video :D (no if it's a camera phone they'll "have his number")

There was a similar case in the US about 10 years ago where some f-wits were driving around firing a paintball gun at random bystanders and videoing themselves doing it. The video was a key piece of procescution evidence.

Stekelly wrote:
    Have the ones in the videos been confirmed as legit? the reason I ask is that the people dont seem overly concerned, the guy in the hi-viz jacket just gets up and off the bus, then starts walking down the road without even looking behind him. Personally I'd make sure I decked the guy that did it.

I don't know if they are legit or not but I reckon they are.

A sane person would have done the same as the guy in the hi vis jackets given the same situation. There was a whole gang of them by the sounds of it. Exiting the bus with only a slap in the head is better than getting knifed after lamping one of them.

edit: I got these vids from another forum, I think they came from mobango.com originaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Let's hope they meet a black belt on the way home from training!!

That'd be good alright - the cowards are picking on older ppl and girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

AlienGav wrote:
    I genuinely hope they contract anal warts, and no doubt it won't be long, before this shyte kicks off over here...

If it does kick off over here it would be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thats ****ing terrible :( I hate seeing stuff like that.

The one where the hit the girl and the fella on the bus were the worst :( grrr makes me angry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bob_z

Thats started over here already.....happened to a female friend of mine in town a few weeks back....Basically she was in town shopping on a Sat afternoon minding her own business, when a group of scumbags walked by her and one of them just smacked her across the face :mad:

As she was on her own not much she could do and all the gang did was laugh and jeer as she held her face. No-one did or said anything to them...I suppose in case they turned on them.

Makes me really mad...bet the bloke who hit felt like a real man in front of his mates. After all we all know it takes real courage to smack a 5ft 2" girl!!!!

Scumbags.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*snigger*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

****in ****

/me goes to order 12-guage shottie for protection

scum of the earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

jesus, that makes my angry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Makes me sick but also begs the question would any of us here do anything if we saw the same happening? I'd only tackle them if I was with others myself. Stinking cowards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Bloody hell man!

The trick-or-treat one was just wrong. The others were much worse!

A nice twist of the arm followed by a sharp stamp on the back of the elbow would probably stop them slapping anymore people.

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine. Some knacker punched him in the face from behide just outside the UGC Dublin. He was with friends and I think they dared him to do it. It's quite violent to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bob_z

azezil wrote:
    *snigger*

You must be some t0sser...if you find girls getting attacked funny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

azezil wrote:
    *snigger*

your a ****in idiot if you find that funny. wonder if it happened to you would you still be sniggering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If someone tried that on me, I'd repay it with interest; I'd gladly give them a knuckle sandwich for their video collection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

alleepally wrote:
    begs the question would any of us here do anything if we saw the same happening?

That's actualy a good question, what would u do if u saw the same thing happening?

Not sure what i'd do if i saw it happening to a fella, but if it was a girl i'd defineitly have to defend her. Hopefully, i or yourself, will never have to be in such a situation, but the way society is now, i t's only a matter of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

A guy in a my dads work said his daughter was walking down a street one day and some guy just got hold of her and started dragging her down te street with him. She was screaming for ages and nobody did a thing. :mad:

Since i've heard that ive been more vigilant. But i found the reason most people do nothing: usually it's just some skangers messing.

Unfortunately getting randomly attacked is more of a problem nowadays. Certainly in Dublin. I think it's because of the trivialising of violence in video games. I'm not some angry pensioner moaning about it for no reason- i'm 20 and have most of the GTA series. It's great fun. Find me one person in this game who hasn't gone on a rampage and started beating random people (in the game). It's great fun. Really. Mainly when you can't finish a task and have to let off steam or couldn't be bothered playing the game properly.

But unfortunately in some parts of Dublin almost 100% of 13-18 year olds are sociopaths and would probably try this in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unfortunately getting randomly attacked is more of a problem nowadays. Certainly in Dublin. I think it's because of the trivialising of violence in video games.
    NO, it's just because they're scum of the earth. Certainly these fads are inspiration, but if they didn't exist, these scumbags would just find other ways of being scumbags and beating up people.

I'm sick of this "It's the music/videogames/environment" bull****. If a child is a scumbag, 99% of the time it's because their parents are either scumbags or incompetent parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

seamus wrote:
    NO, it's just because they're scum of the earth. Certainly these fads are inspiration, but if they didn't exist, these scumbags would just find other ways of being scumbags and beating up people.

I'm sick of this "It's the music/videogames/environment" bull****. If a child is a scumbag, 99% of the time it's because their parents are either scumbags or incompetent parents.

You aren't born scum. Their parents don't go out and do this sort of stuff. OK maybe in some bad areas the father is in jail etc but not always. Mostly not i'd say. In my area you wouldn't recognise the scum's parents from their little s*** 16 year old. If they're playing GTA all day and some night they get hold of some drink i'd think it's highly likely they'd do something like is the subject of this thread. They get it from somewhere but their parents 99% of the time are old and don't do anything illegal anymore.

Video games aren't to blame, neither are films, As a whole. But the gradual trivialisation of violence since the 60s (apparently you could leave your bike anywhere in dublin and not have it robbed then) has resulted in an upsurge of crime. They don't get it from their parents. They get it from the worst of their peers who one night acts the mad lad and trys smacking some random person, next thing you know theres 3 of them at it...

• Advertisement

Yes ban the phones that will solve the problem :rolleyes:
    Article

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

ronoc wrote:
    Yes ban the phones that will solve the problem :rolleyes:
    Article

Double the number of cops on the street, they need to be backed up by the legal system so they are not afraid to vigorously deploy their batons.

I often see little Ban Gardai, maybe two of them patrolling in central Dublin. I don't want to be sexist but how are the scumbags afraid of them? It's a job for the classic B.I.F.F.O. style Gardai who enjoy handing out a few slaps to the underclass on a regular basis :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

recording the evidence

morons
    i hope they meet some grand master of ninjitsu or other similar martial art

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

great; as though having to deal with scumbags all the time wasn't bad enough.

So angry.

I don't know what I'd do if I saw it happen to someone vulnerable; I'd like to think I'd clobber the offender but when faced with a gang like that I wonder if I'd have the courage to help. You risk a hiding if you do but it's a sad world if we can't help each other when subjected to this ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

AlienGav wrote:
    That's actualy a good question, what would u do if u saw the same thing happening?

Not sure what i'd do if i saw it happening to a fella, but if it was a girl i'd defineitly have to defend her. Hopefully, i or yourself, will never have to be in such a situation, but the way society is now, i t's only a matter of time.

As I said in the post I'd only tackle a group a thugs if I was in a group myself. Problem is, you don't know if the feckers will pull a knife or whatever BUT if it just 2 I'd take them on for sure.

Advertisement