Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Script errors with SP2 and IE

• 24-01-2005 2:34am

Since installing Windows XP Service Pack 2 on my PC there's times where parts of Boards.ie will be missing, such as the navigation bar at the top and the DHTML features. I get the script error icon on the IE status bar, this is one example of what it reports:

Line: 74
    Char: 2
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2283910#post2283910

This is very intermittent, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. But I know it happens when I click the link from an e-mail I receive if I'm subscribed to a thread.

It also happens with other vBulletin forums such as HowardForums and some other random sites so I know its not an issue with Boards.ie alone. The error is always "Permission denied". Annoys the hell out of me.

Is SP2 just too strict with its scripting or something? I don't want to remove it as I don't feel like getting a slap of spyware any time soon.

Any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I've found when faced with this problem is to reinstall the java engine .. it often helps.

have you got any toolbars installed in IE ? non-standard ones that is ?

I know that the BT yahoo browser ( customised IE really) has big problems with SP2 .....

Hope this helps

I'll take a look at the Java engine and see if I can do anything.

I have one toolbar installed, which is a pop-up blocker and a few other utilities such as preventing websites from resizing browser windows. I paid for the thing, and I know its not spyware. Still, I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it.

Thanks for your help.

I just checked the website and they have a new version available, one of the mentioned fixes is:

Fix race condition in XP Service Pack 2 that was causing spurious "Access denied" script errors

So I think I found my problem. Nice one, thanks again.

Advertisement