Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Irish used car price guide book ?

Options
  • 24-01-2005 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Is there any Irish used car price guide book available ?

The only one I know of is the booklet that Auto Express produced (about 3 of them), and came free with the short-lived 'Irish edition' of the mag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

www.ros.ie and click the vrt calculator on the right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

the vrt calc changes values with the weather and therefore is of no use!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

very useful in my opinion to get a floor value for a car. the trade in my opinion wont pay much more on trade in as otherwise they would just buy it in the uk ( which they do alot) there are many dealers who live around me and all spend their days importing uk luxury cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

Is it not the blue book or something like that.
    Most motor traders have them, and it's updated monthly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think it is called the dealer's bible but I could be wrong...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

If you know your insurance company well, they might "loan" you a copy.... ;)

Technically, these guides are trade only.

Otherwise use a combination of the VRT calc, dealer prices and private sale prices to get a approx. figure for the car you are after or trying to sell.

Advertisement