Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Here's some Viewing for you

• 24-01-2005 4:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Since Santa requested a look at some "Shorts" of mine, and the fact that I have none available here in the UK. I decided to stick up a couple of bits from the end of my Major Project in Uni.

Background:

It's a 56 Minute film, the two clips (About 4 minutes each) are about 20Megs in size each. Please don't moan about the file format... I'm tired :)

On the two clips, I did the Lighting, the editing and the sound recording (Plus all post Production sound)

Not going to go into the detials about the plot/story, because I still don't understand it.

LINKAGE:

www.johnloughman.com

*Edit* Can't be bother waiting for the second to upload now. I'll stick it up in the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Nice cuts n' stuff... looks like something off the TV alright.
    For anyone wondering, Lump is the old man in those clips.

:D

Haven't you got any running-around-with-plastic-guns stuff?
    Ah you know, the kind of thing that comes back to haunt you when you become uber-famous editor guy. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

SantaHoe wrote:
    Haven't you got any running-around-with-plastic-guns stuff?
    Ah you know, the kind of thing that comes back to haunt you when you become uber-famous editor guy. ;)

No, I was always good :P

Actually it's odd, I never did any of that Home movie stuff. I was in a film making group in Kilkenny, Young Irish Film Makers. They always had broadcast cameras. So I always worked on Scripted stuff.

John

Oh the other one is up there now. Gathering2

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

They look great. Very pro.

The only think i would have done differently was introduce the gang in a more menacing natural way. At the moment it looks a bit staged posery. Cool, but posery :)

Am... They are two clips out of a TV Feature... As pointed out in the first post. I Don't have any shorts. I'll try get some.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

It looks cool, sound mix is a bit off in places but apart from that deadly!

Yea, we ran out of time when doing the edit to do an proper sound mix. As it was being done for college, that's what mattered most, getting it finished for the deadline. Unfortunality my edit suite had a major hiccup two days after we submitted the finished film so all the sound edit's etc were lost. I hadn't done an EDL of the most recent cut so it was lost.... even though we had the master. Now that I'm in London and the Director is in the north of englandit's tougher and tougher to get it back on track. I hope to do a bit of work on it.

Just a quick point, The file named Gathering 2 is completely post producted sound, dubbed and foley-ed etc. It was down at 4am on the morning that the project was handed in, I had been editing for 2 days straight and the director was rolling around in a field trying to record some sound effects, so I'm suprised it turned out as well as it did!

John

Advertisement