Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most depressing day!!

• 24-01-2005 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Was listening to a few radio stations this morning and *apparently* January 24th is the most depressing day of the year according to diff scientists

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

Was listening to a few diff radio stations this morning and *apparently* January 24th is the most depressing day of the year according to diff scientists

It'll be fine, once we show each ther some love ! :)

I love you all! :) Angel i wuvs you too!

Good night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well todays the day, my exams finish, so I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Well so far todays been a bit depressing!what with it being Monday an all!But my boss aint in today so much room for improvement! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

My boss is back today from a prolonged holiday so i feel very depressed! so far it's the worst day of the year for me...

Hmmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

it such ****ty weather. well depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Weather in London is Good, I'm off work. Woke up felling happy. How's that depressing. Stupid Scientists!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its monday. Every monday is depressing (except if its the first day on holimudays), so today is no different. Add the fact that we were meant to be paid today, but not uintil tmr now, makes it a typical monday pain in the ass.

I'm in fear of being sacked today, so not so much depressing but hanging over my head :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Well this is my last week of co-op and I had a lovely breakfast today and also its not raining so I can't be all that bad.
    On the other hand I just found out that my private jet which was carrying my entire family, which was piloted by my supermodel financé crashed into my uninsured home....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i read that and thought hmm 24th of january wonder what I'll be doin on that day, then realising it is 24th of january today, i got depressed at my stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well it's my sister's birthday today - not sure I should tell her that she's born on the most depressing day of the year :confused:

On the other hand, I've just got back from lovely New York to dirty Dublin and am jet lagged, so I'm opting for this particular instance of January the 24th being depressing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm just depressed that I have to go to a really crapulent lecture in 10 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I'm just depressed that I have to go to a really crapulent lecture in 10 minutes!

Life as a student is simple. If you're depressed now you're ****ed when you join the real world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's monday, I'm in work, it's freezing outside, I'm broke, something I thought was going really well ended last night, I'm almost out of hash, I'm exhausted and one of my mates is mad at me. I don't think the reason I'm feeling down today has anything to do with the fúckin date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Sleepy wrote:
    I'm broke, I'm almost out of hash, I'm exhausted

cant you see the connection hop head :D

Ray Burke got 6 months, I'd say he is depressed too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Here's the formula:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4187183.stm

"GPs say exercise and reading up on depression are ways to beat the blues."

...I feel better already. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Sleepy wrote:
    It's monday, I'm in work, it's freezing outside, I'm broke, something I thought was going really well ended last night, I'm almost out of hash, I'm exhausted and one of my mates is mad at me. I don't think the reason I'm feeling down today has anything to do with the fúckin date.

sorry to hear about the "thing" ending, but man your posts on here are almost always bang on and sometimes cheer me up in themselves. chin up lad. :D its only another week till payday, and the weather will start to get better(well as much as it ever does in this country).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Well i'm happy as the proverbial Larry. Woke up at 9, felt it was a tad early so went back to bed until 1. Am being head-hunted for a good job, it's calm enough outside to do some miles on my bike, have some good ideas for work and looking forward to carrying them out, poker night is tomorrow night, etc., etc.

skywalker wrote:
    sorry to hear about the "thing" ending, but man your posts on here are almost always bang on and sometimes cheer me up in themselves. chin up lad. :D its only another week till payday, and the weather will start to get better(well as much as it ever does in this country).
    Thanks for that mate :)

Nuttzz wrote:
    cant you see the connection hop head :D

Ray Burke got 6 months, I'd say he is depressed too. :D
    Cost of enough hash to do me the best part of a month: €25
    Cost of an evening in a pub in Dublin (let's say 6 pints): €30

I don't think my smoking hash has anything to do with my financial position, if anything it improves it.

The Ray Burke thing cheered me up no end though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im all happy to-day!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

This thread is depressing me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

This thread is depressing me :(

Ah! but research has shown the more you read this thread the less depressed you get.

This thread. Keeping Seasonal Affected Disorder at bay since 9am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

galactus wrote:
    Ah! but research has shown the more you read this thread the less depressed you get.
    Oh yes, what's better than reading about other's misfortune?

Well I've been having a great day. Despite the fact that it's freezing and my typing is going to hell, and I'm dying of a cold, everything today has been excellent. I got a half day off school, went in an replaced my new ipod, and got an absolutely delicious sandwich from O'Briens.

I always reckoned the 22nd of July (or is it June, it's the day after the summer solstice anyway) was the most depressing day 'cause from then on, it can only get darker/worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well I came down with a bad case of sniffles - have runny nose, sore eyes, temperature...boo hoo to me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Most depressing day of the year???

Tell me about it....

Lost a good friend today properly which has me fvcked up royally and my boss (the wanker) gave me a 2 out of 5 in my quarterly review today. He hates my ass so nothing I do will change anything... I'll have the last laugh though when I get my commission for the year next month and then I'm off around the world for a year!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

my dads birthday is today.Hate that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

TimAy wrote:
    my dads birthday is today.Hate that

My birthday was yesterday too. While I wasn't too happy that my birthday was on the "most depressing day of the year", it turned out ok in the end, thanks to beer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

A crow flew into the train carriage this morning. I found €2, which I didn't give to charity and I was given a free newspaper. These are the things which make getting out of bed at 7am all the more worthwhile.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

W: Weather - It’s winter, ‘bad’ weather? Wow!
    D: Debt - What’s that?
    d: Money due in January pay - Nothing I wasn’t expecting.
    T: Time since Christmas - I’m thankful it is now so far away
    Q: Time since failed quit attempt Quit? Quit what? Are you calling me an alcoholic?
    M: General motivational levels - Quite high actually, got stuck doing a bit of work when I popped into work today on my day off, and was strangly quite happy to do it.
    NA: The need to take action - On what?

Did I meantion I don’t work Mondays and only woke up after 2pm, oh well…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

David19 wrote:
    My birthday was yesterday too. While I wasn't too happy that my birthday was on the "most depressing day of the year", it turned out ok in the end, thanks to beer :)

Ahh yes, beer....nothing like a depressent, to chase the blues away is there! ;)

Advertisement