Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switches?

Options
  • 24-01-2005 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a cheap but reliable 8 port switch! It's for a business, so it will be used a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Jaysus man would ya not just take a look on komplett before ya go postin here takin up valuable webspace with your incessant queries!!!!
    :rolleyes: ;)

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=109380&cks=PRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

I know where to look! i'm just askin what u lot recommend from use!

Jesus anyone can find a switch on the net but how do i know its a good one without askin someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Energizer wrote:

Jesus anyone can find a switch on the net but how do i know its a good one without askin someone!
    Your right its good to ask for peoples experience with using different types of hardware. You never know which is reliable and which are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Energizer wrote:

Don't be such a bitch. I did the winky thing an all!

I'm sorry munkyhed, i didn't realise who u were until after i replied! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

cool! thanx man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

BTW the Netgear is the dogs-b**** :)

Just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

3Com gets my vote. May be more expensive but well worth it IMO. Their support is excellent as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

3coms support used to be good when they were in Ballycoolin, you could send them a faulty switch and you'd get it back in a day or two. Now you've to send it off to Clonshaugh where it disappears for a month. I went through a batch of 3300s and about half of them have developed faults and had to be replaced. However for a €50 switch it's cheap enough that if it breaks you can just throw it in the bin.

I've also had a few of those officelink switches dieing on me and had problems getting them to work with Cisco 3750s.

• Advertisement

Thanx for the advice lads! this should really help make my decision! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If you only want something for a small office (i.e. no management, no stacking, no QoS) then go for a cheapie NetGear or 3Com. In fact, buy two so you have a spare! :)

Advertisement