Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk 5 VW Golf question

Options
  • 24-01-2005 12:34pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a new VW golf, and i thought i'd ask a question to other owners as they may have experienced similar.

When i rev the car up to about 3,000 - 3,100 RPM while idle or driving, i get this kind of vibration or rattle. Its only lasts while going thru that rev scale, but sounds as if something needs to be tightened up or something. Its hardly anything serious, but i thought i'd see if anybody else has had a similar problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Hi

What engine is the car? and where are u hearing the rattle - dash? engine? rear?

Btw if your interested in somewheels check this out

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Its a 1.4 engine, and the noise or 'shudder' is coming from the engine itself, or somewhere near the engine, but its defiently under the bonnet.

it should not shudder, pop the bonnet, get someone to rev it for you and see if you can pin point it - if not bring it back to the garage and get it check out. Usually a mechanic will come out for a spin in it with you.

Better safe than sorry...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

That sounds like the best thing to do, i know its minor enough, but like you say, better safe than sorry.

I'd kill for a set of alloys btw, but its a company motor, so its a non-runner.

You can't beat the base model golf :rolleyes:

Yeah your better off getting them to check it out.

As for the alloys you can always take them back off when your give it back, and sell them :) And dont forget to stick them down on your company expenses.....

• Advertisement

DirtyDog wrote:
    And dont forget to stick them down on your company expenses.....
    lol, i reckon i'd be getting the bus by the end of the day

hahaha - let us know how you get on with your rattle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably show up as BIK.. :D

Advertisement