Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting 22mm Solid Flooring

Options
  • 24-01-2005 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I just got bought 35sqr meters of junkers flooring and planing to lay it myself, its 22mm thick, whats the best tools for cutting the the would was considering buying a power metre saw for the job, is this a good choice?? don't want to spend more than 150 euro...if this is ok for the job whats the best blades for a good cut??? any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I just got bought 35sqr meters of junkers flooring and planing to lay it myself, its 22mm thick, whats the best tools for cutting the the would was considering buying a power metre saw for the job, is this a good choice?? don't want to spend more than 150 euro...if this is ok for the job whats the best blades for a good cut??? any help would be appreciated.

Any cuts that you make will be hidden either under the skirting or under an edging strip, so any power saw is going to do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Unless you are very unlucky and have a long run along a wall that has to be ripped, I think a fine tooth €12.95 throw away should be more than enough for that area 35 m2.

The Junkers is one of the nicest floors to lay, try and get a few extra clips if you can, and don't forget the glue for the end joints.

If you are on your own you might want to invest in a pair of ratchet straps with the ends on them for timber floors, Mc Quillans should have everything you need and then some so leave the plastic at home :D boys will be boys ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭dublinguy05

Cheers thanks lads, so a power tool ain't really required...saved me a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

someone I know laid a junckers floor a few years back and he invested in a good chop saw that he said made a huge difference.
    But seeing as all the cuts are at skirting its not important how nice the cuts are but I think for speed they are what you need.

Advertisement