Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Stayers Hurdle Cheltenham

• 24-01-2005 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

This is the one race I am finding trouble getting a horse at a good price to back.I dont think Emotional Moment is good enough although winning last two races quiet easily he was defeated by Quick at Cheltenham, I do accept it was a handicap hurdle but its not good value to me.Rule Supreme and Lord Sam are the two for me but neither might run and that is the risk.

However I feel Lord Sam if running will win the stayers would anyone else agree or do they have any other suggestions? Ned Kelly looks arkle material to me ran well having done little since last run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

difficult to see past barracouda in this event,particularly now that he has a proper jockey :rolleyes:

ned kelly is a defo runner in the arkle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Rule Supreme at 10s - cashmans - is the value. If Royal Rosa does something special next weekend, it could shake up things. Baracouda is very vulnerable this year, I think Rule Supreme isnt as talented a horse as Baracouda, but things can fall his way in the stayers - his stated target. He has the acceleration to sneak a win, and looks nailed on for a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

Baracouda is a great horse alright but no ante post value at 6/4.I didnt realise the stayers was Rule Supremes stated target he is definite value at 10/1 but on his day can jump fences very well.

I just feel that Lord Sam cant jump a fence but is a very good stayer and could go forever.With such a big pot if he won the stayers surely he must be angled at the race.At 33/1 I think he is good value as if he runs I think he will win,only lost two races.

Just wondering did anyone hear what is target is or are they undecided?
    How many races is he provisionally down for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Redlancer wrote:
    I didnt realise the stayers was Rule Supremes stated target he is definite value at 10/1 but on his day can jump fences very well.
    Rule Supreme's target is the Stayers. I'm already on at 10/1.
    Redlancer wrote:
    Lord Sam ... only lost two races.
    He's lost 4 races I think.
    Redlancer wrote:
    Just wondering did anyone hear what is target is or are they undecided?
    How many races is he provisionally down for?
    He's declared for the Stayers as well as the Gold Cup but I'm not sure whether his target has been stated yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭evillive

rule supreme is being aimed at the stayers however i think if he can win the hennessy then the target will have to be the gold cup

in the absence of iris's gift i think baracouda is still the one to back in this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

Your right about Lord Sam he has been defeated on four occasions.May take a look at Royal Rosa this week.I see on martin pipe web site they think westender will run well in the stayers

Advertisement