Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony RDR-HX900

Options
  • 24-01-2005 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

I am seriously thinking of buying one of these. has anyone used/owned one? any thing gotchas or anything else to watch out for? Are they as good as they look ?

Any advice much appreciated

-Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ricardfred

Hi. I have one less than a week. Bought it beacuse of all the great reviews. Its still €999 in some local retailers but you can get it on Amazon uk for under €700. If you look at avforums.com you will see a lot of people complaining about its lack of editing facilities, and the fact you can only set a max of 8 timer settings but that does not worry me. My first priority was good picture for dvd playback and the Sony 900 is among, if not, the best. You can input a Sky RGB signal and so get a perfect copy. I have only tried recording on the hard disc and that works a breeze. You can then do an A-B edit and cut out the ads etc before transferring to dvd-r disc if you want to archive a programme. Its a beautiful machine and I am still learning what you can do. I am very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xtrac

Thanks for that :-)

I am using NTL Digital, so does anyone use it with this, whats the program scheduler like ?

Thanks

-Roy

Advertisement