Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bray

• 24-01-2005 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

have slow broadband these days in bray,any one in bray same?

Comments

*AHEM* As a person who LOVES my home town...ie. Bray. I would answer only when it is corrected to give the town its well deserved capital letter.
    Otherwise you "have slow broadband these days in" a donkkeys bleat. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're with IBB (extremely likely given your complaint), then there's seperate thread for this topic already. But yes, I'm in Bray and it's very slow. It was supposed to be fixed over the weekend but I haven't noticed any improvements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

I was told they have hit capacity on the Bray mast, apparently the upgrade is expected to happen in the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

As a fellow Bray resident, i had connection problems up until last week but it wasnt that much slower, but i suggest if your downloading, you do it at night e.g 1am onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

there's seperate thread for this topic already
    There are several threads on IBB/Bray. It's a hot topic.

The service is VERY erratic. At the moment I'm getting 22 kbit [which is a record low], but other times it is over 600 kbit.
    apparently the upgrade is expected to happen in the next week or so
    Is this just their usual "we'll be out to you in two weeks" line again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

After some downtime tonight things seem to back to normal (finally) on the Bray transmitter. Fingers crossed...

I can't tell because IBB support killed my radio so I'll need engineer callout to get it back on track. But incidently I thought it might have been fixed a few times over the last couple of days just for it to go back to being crap again an hour later. But let's hope it is fixed by all means, if/when I get a working connection again.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

I don't know what they've done, but they've done something!
    Speeds now at 600kbit plus some. Long may it last......

I'm back in the air now, and it does seem to perform a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

about reaching the capacity,

that would be great as they would plan getting another tower in bray to serve the rest of us shadowed by bray head mad.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement