Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No DSL/Broadband in Dundrum!!

• 24-01-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Posting this on behalf of my bro who is driven mad by the fact that he STILL cannot get broadband in Dundrum (his number begins with 298). He is really going mad..no DSL at all plus no NTL, his only option is wireless with Ripwave which I have and its VERY slow so I'm cancelling that soon!!

Anyone in Dundrum using anything (not hi-speed) thats cheapish per month and reliable??

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

I would say, get your bro to try ripwave anyway. He is in a different location to you so he may get a better signal than you. If not, he can always return it and cancel. No harm in trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Maybe it's not the signal that's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Blaster99 wrote:
    Maybe it's not the signal that's the problem?
    Not sure what the Dundrum problem is..seems to be specific lines. Its mad though, they've been trying to get broadband there for over a year now. Our problem with Ripwave is that its really slow, not much faster than dialup so am now awaiting my ESAT free trial!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I don't think it is the whole Dundrum area as I am living in Goatstown, using the Dundrum exchange, and I have been able to get eircom,iol etc.
    Can't get ntl though might make its way down soon though as I think the balinteer area has had it for awhile.
    My number begins with 298 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Reckon it may be just his line then. He was told there were faults with the line and it may never be enabled..thats just great isn't it??!

• Advertisement
Advertisement