Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 6230 to pc cable or bluetooth??

Options
  • 24-01-2005 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to connect my 6230 to my pc and am wondering which is my best option??

I reckon the bluetooth usb would be the better option over the data cable.
    But is there any advantages with the cable that I should know about??

Anyone know of a decent site for a cheap Bluetooth usb adaptor??

Cheers

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I'm looking for the same thing for my 6230 as my old nokia DKU-5 cable doesn't seem to be compatible with the 6230. Don't wanna buy another cable as it will be obsolete after a while no doubt... At least with a bluetooth adaptor it can be used with loads of different devices if they have bluetooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 elainec

Try www.mobileplace.ie. I bought the cable and a generic bluetooth dongle, both of which were shipped next day. Great site and great value for money!

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

branners69 - The main advantage to the data cable (DKU-2) is that it's a lot faster than bluetooth (about 10x faster). So if you have a large MMC card for your Nokia 6230 (256mb or bigger) I would recommend a data cable as it would take hours to fill the MMC card using bluetooth.

- Neil

Advertisement