Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike Test Requirements

Options
  • 24-01-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you have to show your restrictor cert when you are doing your bike test? I need to know if it is possible to do my test on an unrestricted CBR600.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I did my test on an unrestricted bike and didnt have to show any certs. That said.. Just because I didnt have to show anything doesnt mean you wont be asked. Better safe than sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Like Rymus, I didn't have to show a restriction cert or cert to show power output of bike.
    But a CBR600? 78 BHP according to figures I've got. Even a driving tester in a car has got to have some doubts about that. Hire a bike for the test, save yourself some hassle. What'll it cost to get the bike restricted or just to get a cert for that matter? ISM rent out bikes, cost 2 years ago 125 euro IIRC.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I did mine on an unrestricted CB500 and it was never mentioned. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

AFAIK you do not have to produce any certs but you do sign a form to say that the vehicle is insured and is suitable for the exam and the licence that you are applying for. I did the test on a restricted Bandit 600 and the subject was never mentioned just sign the form and away you go.

Advertisement