Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVipXL

Options
  • 24-01-2005 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i have been thinking of moving to this, im currently on esat netsmart and getting raped. this gives good value for money and the free local calls after 6 seems really good.

i have a q, what do ye think of it and also
    do you think there is a fee in the event i no longer want their service and wish to go back to eircom.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I haven't used their dialup for a while but the service was very good when I did. I'm happy with their BB service too, but their support leaves lot to be desired. If you think you're going to need hand-holding at some stage, it might be an idea to look elsewhere (although where, I don't know).

You have to sign your calls over to them too, which I'm pretty sure means you'll be tied to them for a 12 month contract.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

Sorry .. meant to be Net/Comms, can Mod please move (again)
    .cg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Zoink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Moriarty wrote:
    Zoink.
    He'll be doing weird handshakes and wearing an apron next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

I had it a few years ago and thought it was great.
    Then got dsl and then moved so now on UTVIPXL.

Service is not the best now.
    The line keeps hanging up even after a few minutes.
    Sometimes you have to re-dial as he connection speed grounds to a halt.
    This happens A LOT.

You have to use UTV dialer as most of the time in the evening the numebr they give you is engaged, however if you use their dialer then it will redial a different number.
    This is a problem in that if you are downloading for a few hours after going to sleep you could normally use some software to connect again when the connection is dropped, but it wont work with UTVs dialer.

Oh if only i could get BB again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement