Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Stage - Please help!

Options
  • 25-01-2005 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to move\reposition the stage in Flash MX?

My stage is left aligned and I need it centered.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Perhaps you could clarify what you mean here, post a screenshot if necessary, as I'm not quite following you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

This is a new one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I'll get a screenshot and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Screenshot can be seen here

ftp://137.161.230.132/upload/stage.jpg

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks

linkee no workee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ftp://ftp.usace.army.mil

checked out that ftp, cant find your screenshot anywhere....

woot
    ftp://ftp.usace.army.mil/Incoming/stage.jpg

found it ;)

Is the zoom at 100% or are you just after typing in 100% in the top corner? Initially I would have asked if you scaled your whole project up to match the size of an imported bitmap, as Flash will fix the stage to the top left of the workspace once it becomes too big. However, if the zoom is at 100% I haven't been able to recreate an example where this would occur at that magnification.

Someone else might have some suggestions, but if there isn't anything commercially sensitive in the .fla you could upload it somewhere and I'll have a look at it if you want.

I'm completely stumped as to what gone wrong with this file, and can't find any reference to anyone else having the problem either. The only thing I can suggest is that you cut all your content out and paste it into a bew blank file, and hope that the disappearing scrollbars is a once-off bug. Seeing as you haven't gone that far with the project it will be relatively easy to do at this stage.

In regard to the flashing image which you referred to in the pm, it's occuring because the rollover action on the down arrow keeps getting triggered and repeatedly sends the main timeline back to the start, causing the flashing you see. I think you should rethink your whole approach to the scrolling action, as i don't think what you are trying to implement at the moment is going to work out too well. Try and do the whole thing with actionscript, rather than using a tween within the clip containing the text. There are lots of tutorials around with info on how to scroll text in this way, using the built in UIscrollbar component, or with your own interface.

Advertisement