Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor upgrade woes

Options
  • 25-01-2005 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

hi,
    ok heres the problem,
    i upgraded my meteor phone before christmas as part of a deal i had with a friend,
    basically his phone got nicked and when he went to get a replacement they had none available.
    so he bought a different phone and made a deal that when the one he wanted was avaialble , id upgrade my phone and swap with him.

so far so good,
    so i upgrade, re register , get my first credit but now two months later and i ahvent received anything else.
    si ive been creditless due to chrsitmas debt :rolleyes:
    finally got paid so i topped up last night but the credit hasnt gone on yet.
    ive been onto neteor 5 times in the past week but they still havent figured out why im not getting credit.

then i saw this topic:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=219880

and started wondering,
    would metero have cut my credit if i was using a different sim in the phone?
    both phones work fine and my friend can top up no problem.

tbh im not too worried about the free credit, but is there a chance i have to ring meteor up and beg forgiveness to get my phone working again?

and if i do, is this sh!t in the terms and conditions and legal. or are they withholding not only my free credit but also my own 20 euro illegally?

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

well my own credit came through after boards went down.
    still no sign of my upgrade credit.

any idears?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Give them a call. They can be very helpful with that. I didn't know I had credit due on my account when I started using Meteor properly. An hour later and there was over 25 euro added to my account. Don't think it had that in the first place. I wasn't complaining though. :p

ive been calling every second day for over a week
    have 2 reference numbers and the case is gone to "technical" again

still no response

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Eep... Weird. Mine was a there and then job (aside from about a 20 minute wait afterwards). Sorry about that. Hope ya get it sorted!

thats why its so weird.
    all ,y previos dealings have just been someone on the other end saying "oh yah, we owe you xxxeuro, give it an hour"
    now there telling me it has to be investigated etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement