Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battered Mars Bars.

Options
  • 25-01-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Battered Mars Bars.
    Does anybody know of any where you can get them in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

make them yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

got any howto?

battered cream eggs:]

1. Make batter mix in bowl.
    2. Heat up deep-fat fryer.
    3. Drop Mars Bar (or Bounty) into batter mix.
    4. Insert battered confectionary into fryer and cook until golden brown.

I'd imagine that's how you do it anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

does that chipper in mullingar still sell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Seems easy enough.
    Shall give it a try next time i get me hands on a deepfat fryer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

A deep fried battered mars bar contains 2500 calories, the recomended intake of a man in one day.

Your litteritly eating your days worth of fat and calories when you eat a batered marsbar. Also, Elvis loved to eat them... and the fat fub died pushing out a brownie on the jacks bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

a days worth of fat and calories in one bar. reminds one of the simpsons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick Hard

Here lads, you know you gcan get them in good ol dirty dublin now. i spotted a chipper a week or two ago that seels them. I havent tried it yet though. Its at the bottom of o connell st across from the ambassador and the parnell monument. ye cant miss it. its the only chipper there.

and also, its not as simple as that to make a battered mars bar. its actuall difficult enough to make one. the batter bit is easy, its the cooking thats the tough part. Ye see you have to consider that it is chocolate that your cooking after all, and when chocolat it put in boilint hot oil it tended to melt. so you have to leave it in just long enough to cook it, but not melt the whole mars bar itself. Also, if it does melt, then you're going to get a whack of chocolat off of anything that you cook in it there after, unless you change the oil. So you see, its actually a toughie to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Rick Hard wrote:
    Here lads, you know you gcan get them in good ol dirty dublin now. i spotted a chipper a week or two ago that seels them. I havent tried it yet though. Its at the bottom of o connell st across from the ambassador and the parnell monument. ye cant miss it. its the only chipper there.

and also, its not as simple as that to make a battered mars bar. its actuall difficult enough to make one. the batter bit is easy, its the cooking thats the tough part. Ye see you have to consider that it is chocolate that your cooking after all, and when chocolat it put in boilint hot oil it tended to melt. so you have to leave it in just long enough to cook it, but not melt the whole mars bar itself. Also, if it does melt, then you're going to get a whack of chocolat off of anything that you cook in it there after, unless you change the oil. So you see, its actually a toughie to make.

best first post ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

have seen people taking away the chocolate from the mars bare and frying the bare thing without batter...

yuk!

IB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Rick Hard

danniemcq wrote:
    best first post ever!

Dont i know it!

i mean c'mon, who has had their first post on a forum being a discription of the difficulties in making a battered mars bar. No one! thats who!
    Inge Binge wrote:
    have seen people taking away the chocolate from the mars bare and frying the bare thing without batter...

yuk!

why would anyone want to do that!! its the chocolate that makes the bar, and it further complicates the battering. Fools i tell you, fools!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cairde

I know you mean the city but in Gort Co.Galway. The kettle of fish in the square sell them. Fish is dear but good and it's home made chips.

You'll have to step over a few brazilians to get in as there everywhere there!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Cairde wrote:
    I know you mean the city but in Gort Co.Galway. The kettle of fish in the square sell them. Fish is dear but good and it's home made chips.

You'll have to step over a few brazilians to get in as there everywhere there!

You beat me to it! Was just going to say Kettle of Fish in Gort, they do them for €1.60 and they did Creme Eggs around easter too. Have to say they're really nice and the fish and goujons are to die for after being on the beer! The guy who owns it is friendly too. I think the Brazilians prefer Supermacs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

How does it provide 2,500 calories??? What changes during the frying process?

You'd need to eat A MegaMac meal, with a milkshake, a mcflurry and 2 apple pies at McDonalds to give you close to that amount of calories so this Mars Bar thing has me mystified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

How does it provide 2,500 calories??? What changes during the frying process?

You'd need to eat A MegaMac meal, with a milkshake, a mcflurry and 2 apple pies at McDonalds to give you close to that amount of calories so this Mars Bar thing has me mystified.

I'd think the whole deep fried in grease part has something to do with it :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'd think the whole deep fried in grease part has something to do with it :):):)

What the hell is with people bumping old threads around here tonight?!

[rolledupnewspaper]bold carlmango, very very bold! *rubs nose in post*[/rolledupnewspaper]

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

orestes wrote: »
    What the hell is with people bumping old threads around here tonight?!

[rolledupnewspaper]bold carlmango, very very bold! *rubs nose in post*[/rolledupnewspaper]
    They should be battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Kettle of fish (chipper from Gort) has opened across the road from busker brownes and has battered mars bars in stock ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i forget. what street is buskers on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Cross St, between Neachtains and Supermacs. They do great chips in there, haven't tried the battered Mars Bar (yet!)

• Advertisement

sitting in a practical in college at and i decided to leave it a bit early and seek these treats.
    mars1.JPG
    could probably have done with more batter
    mars2.JPG
    nice and melted
    mars3.JPG
    greasy

Score.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Looks like the business. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

what would ya give it out of 10 ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I must sample this culinary delight.

i'd have given it 7/10. if it had more batter i'd have given it a 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It still looks like a regular solid mars bar in the middle.

Would they take a customised order I wonder? What I want is a battered sausage sandwich. Thats 2 battered sausages between 2 slices of bread and the whole lot is battered again. Its a recurring dirty thought of mine...

Edit: should that actually be described as a battered battered sausage sandwich?

it was very soft. the fuzzy mobile pic doesn't give it justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

cornbb wrote: »
    Would they take a customised order I wonder? What I want is a battered sausage sandwich. Thats 2 battered sausages between 2 slices of bread and the whole lot is battered again. Its a recurring dirty thought of mine...

That sounds fooking awesome, it must be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

got one today must say it was Unreal :)

the melting choclate makes it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement