Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battered Mars Bars.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

got one today must say it was Unreal :)

the melting choclate makes it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

heard that kettle of fish new chip shop opposite busker browns does them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

heard that kettle of fish new chip shop opposite busker browns does them.

yep :D
    worth trying tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

cornbb wrote: »
    It still looks like a regular solid mars bar in the middle.

Would they take a customised order I wonder? What I want is a battered sausage sandwich. Thats 2 battered sausages between 2 slices of bread and the whole lot is battered again. Its a recurring dirty thought of mine...

Edit: should that actually be described as a battered battered sausage sandwich?
    I'd call it an "Instant heart attack"!!:eek::eek:
    The idea of a battered mars bar has always mystified me...I mean, who the hell came up with it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    sitting in a practical in college at and i decided to leave it a bit early and seek these treats.
    mars1.JPG
    could probably have done with more batter
    mars2.JPG
    nice and melted
    mars3.JPG
    greasy

its like heroin, supposed to be so great buzz of it but im afraid that if i try it, i might get addicted!!!!:eek::eek::eek: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Those pictures are actually making me feel ill! It's like your holding a lump of something fished out of a toilet bowl...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

who the hell came up with it?:confused:
    I'd say it's the Scots, they batter pretty much everything. I had bangers, burgers, you name it, battered in Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Definitly have to try one and really wany to try that battered battered sausage sandwich idea!!! I'm gng to have to get myself a deep fat fryer. Roll on the heart attacks!!!!!

biko wrote: »
    I'd say it's the Scots, they batter pretty much everything. I had bangers, burgers, you name it, battered in Edinburgh.
    biko you're probably right in saying that! I saw this tv show once that said scotland has the worst/unhealthiest national food in the world!
    ie the majority of things that are served there are either fried or doused in grease!
    my mate got beaten up there on new years, battered in edinburgh...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

=biko wrote:

That is where I had my first battered mars bar.
    The Scots would batter anything TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

When did Kettle of Fish open in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

About two or three weeks ago. It's brilliant, I don't have to drive out to gort anymore:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

biko wrote: »

Like any other irish chipper..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Battered Kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Kettle of Fish... Across from Busker Brownes at the end of Mainguard Street...... @ €1.80 a pop u cant go wrong.... kinda sickly tho... wudnt make it a regular thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Ooooh, you know what's gorgeous, melt 2 marsbars in the microwave, mix with rice crispies like making a rice crispy cake..... then flatten it out on a baking sheet and cover with plain chocolate....cool in the fridge and cut into squares...

SO......F***ING GOOOD!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Ooooh, you know what's gorgeous, melt 2 marsbars in the microwave, mix with rice crispies like making a rice crispy cake..... then flatten it out on a baking sheet and cover with plain chocolate....cool in the fridge and cut into squares...

SO......F***ING GOOOD!
    Sounds good! Next time i'm having a party for 10 year olds (or college mates) i'll do that :D

SO......F***ING GOOOD!

You either have to be pregnant or a stoner to come up with something like that!:p fairplay though, gonna try it out!

chris_oc wrote: »
    You either have to be pregnant or a stoner to come up with something like that!:p fairplay though, gonna try it out!

what, you've never had them before?
    they rock

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Melt some butter with the mars bars too, it makes them way nicer!

Actually, I might try battered mars bar rice krispie cake. That sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭silliegillie

When you Discuss Battered Mars Bars from a chipper people generally think of Salt and vinegar. Well heres one for you Get a Milkshake and dip the marsbar into it. Hmmmmm Or ice cream Hmmmmmm

janeybabe wrote: »
    Melt some butter with the mars bars too, it makes them way nicer!

Actually, I might try battered mars bar rice krispie cake. That sounds good!
    YES id believe ya on that one janeybabe! the more fat you put on anything the better it tastes! FYI fat isn't picked up by any of our taste buds but what it does do is ENHANCE the flavour of anything! well thats what my biology book told me back in the day!!;) the question is always where should i draw the line......:o :p
    what, you've never had them before?
    they rock
    i have heard of battered mars bars alrite, just not the other concoction!!(dont think i spellt that right:p)

i have heard of battered mars bars alrite, just not the other concoction!!(dont think i spellt that right:p)

i was on about the rice crispie thingies. they're good...

i was on about the rice crispie thingies. they're good...

oh alright, sorry about that. my bad:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Must.... have.... one...... Rarrrrr....

I've been craving one of these since I first heard about them about 7 years ago.

It will be mine... oh yes... it will be mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement