Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in ChristChurch

• 25-01-2005 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Looking for any kind of classes/styles in the ChristChurch area - I should point out I am more interested in holds, locks and submissions rather then strikes/kicks, etc

Also on a side note, was thinking of developing a martial arts resource website for Ireland - detailing different styles, classes, etc - would people find such a site useful - aswell as local stores that sell equipment, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

*bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

SBG Harold's Cross is only a 15 minute walk from Christchurch Cathedral. Or, if you're lazy or it's cold outside, the 49 goes from Christchurch to Harold's Cross.

Peace Out,
    Colm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Looking for any kind of classes/styles in the ChristChurch area - I should point out I am more interested in holds, locks and submissions rather then strikes/kicks, etc

Also on a side note, was thinking of developing a martial arts resource website for Ireland - detailing different styles, classes, etc - would people find such a site useful - aswell as local stores that sell equipment, etc?

there is one already www.irmac.net

vasch_ro wrote:
    there is one already www.irmac.net

that is true vasch_ro, but that site doesnt look like it has been update in ages.

in fact the news area claims to have last been updated in 2002

the only thing that appears in regular use is the forum

SBG Harold's Cross is only a 15 minute walk from Christchurch Cathedral. Or, if you're lazy or it's cold outside, the 49 goes from Christchurch to Harold's Cross.

Peace Out,
    Colm

Can anyone tell me anything about this club? What days are best suited for beginners, costs, what equipment/clothing to bring, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Ph3n0m,

Mondays & Thursdays 7-8 are introductory sessions in SBG Harold's X. John Kavanagh teaches fundamentals of clinch and BJJ on a twelve week rotating cycle. Once you've completed these you're free to move into the other classes.

All you need to train is a t-shirt and shorts/tracksuit bottoms. You may want to bring a groing guard and mouth piece but these aren't essential to begin with.

You could also call Suzanne for any SBG Membership queries (087-6768911)

Hope this helps,
    Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

for sale section

phenonom have a for sale section on your site where people can trade and sell fight/training dvds and gear ( not herion ) with other people as I always have the afore mentioned for sale..

thanks paddy

Ph3n0m,

Mondays & Thursdays 7-8 are introductory sessions in SBG Harold's X. John Kavanagh teaches fundamentals of clinch and BJJ on a twelve week rotating cycle. Once you've completed these you're free to move into the other classes.

All you need to train is a t-shirt and shorts/tracksuit bottoms. You may want to bring a groing guard and mouth piece but these aren't essential to begin with.

You could also call Suzanne for any SBG Membership queries (087-6768911)

Hope this helps,
    Colm

Colm

Thanks for that.

Also on a side note, for people interested in the martial arts site, I am thinking of doing, please feel free to contact me via PM with your thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I think we could use one, reviews of clubs would be a great idea if you go ahead.

Dabhal

Advertisement