Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800XT vs the X range

Options
  • 25-01-2005 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of upgrading from 9800XT to X800 Pro (budget reasons)
    From looking at the spec its only the architeture thats changesd the 9800XT still looks good vs the Pro.

Is it worth it ?

How to the X range compare to the 9200s 9600s 9800s ?
    Looking for a guide but cant find much comparisions.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

mates got a sapphire 9800xt...he splashed out £406 on an Asus X800XT PE

thought he was doing the right thing
    ..got it home said yeh he gets more fps..obviously but as the 9800xt is good enough in the first place he reckons its hardly noticeable..so he sent it back :rolleyes:

i know he made my mind up to wait to see whats round the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

yeah feck that, the XT was the best card for the last generaion.. Skip this generation completely and buy from the next range..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Yeh a 9800 XT will basically handle any new game at the mo @ decent res and can be overclocked to get that extra juice

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Had a 9800 pro and modded to XT. Then bought an X800XT. I mean it does look better but there isn't that much difference. I'd wait until you 9800 can't handle the newer games and upgrade then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

If yer worried about budget, go for a 6800 GT. It's the same spec as a X800 PRO, but cheaper, and it's a better piece of hardware. With more pipelines, if properly cooled, you can clock the core to be the same as it's big brother, the 6800 Ultra.

.ak

• Advertisement
Advertisement