Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallville: New Season

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Smallville has had the worst season ever!It has completely sucked,probably one of the worst things on TV at the moment.Its just pathetic,I used to love this show in seasons 1 and 2,season 3 was bad but not as bad as this season. There were only 2 what I would classify good eps this season,Run and transference.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very much agree with you TVNutz. Have you been getting tapes from your cousins like me? 'Coz folks, it ain't gonna get better. Words cannot describe how much I hate
    Lana's witch storyline. It's taking over a show that's meant to be about Clark :mad: And it's not even properly thought out! GRRRR! As for the latest episode - there was promise there but it was squandered on a crappy CTHD rip-off.
    So with both '24' and 'Smallville' having weak 4th seasons, it's good to see that 'Alias' is coming out very wel this year :) So there's something to be happy about.

SPOLIERS (I don't know how to do the spolier blanking out thing,anyone wanna tell me! :D )

Ye the witch storyline is terrible,it works fine for a show like buffy,but not smallville.this whole kryptonian crystals just seems forced and stupid,and then of course there was a dog with superpowers! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Havent watched it consistently, but Season 4 has been terrible, a decent eppy last week but the wk before was shockingly poor. I see Lex and Clark are best buddies again.

Last weeks ep "Run" and next weeks "Transference" are probably the only decent eps of the season.When I saw the I had hope the season was just bad starting off and would get better because these 2 eps were good,but it gets so much worse,just wait for the witch ep *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well at least in episode 13....

Clark finally gives up the football... sheesh... between american football and witches this season has really done my head in... oh and then they give us Krypto.... dear lord... at least Lionel seems to be coming back into it some more.

Oh and the current storyline with Chloe is really lame, it should have been played out for dramatic effect, not some cheap laughs each week that miss the mark completely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's back to the usual crap kryptonite in gatorade* stories that are the same every week.

* change gatorade for maladjusted teen/jewelery/corn flakes eas each week progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

tvnutz wrote:
    Last weeks ep "Run" and next weeks "Transference" are probably the only decent eps of the season.When I saw the I had hope the season was just bad starting off and would get better because these 2 eps were good,but it gets so much worse,just wait for the witch ep *shudder*

LIES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Transference was pretty good I thought, but can we please have something more original, you could see it a mile off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

smuckers wrote:
    Transference was pretty good I thought, but can we please have something more original, you could see it a mile off.
    You want more originality and more interesting stories? Then I advice you stop watching because what's to come will only cause you grief...

Lies Ruffty?Please! If you knew good tv you wouldnt watch this crap! Dont get me wrong I used to love this show but this season has been so bad i might even class it nest to 7th Heaven badness...

ixoy is right,stop watching if you want to keep the respect you once had for this show.

tvnutz wrote:
    ixoy is right,stop watching if you want to keep the respect you once had for this show.

Awh no :(
    Well I`m on basic ntl anyway so I`m don`t have much choice with reguards to what rubbish I watch. I don`t/won`t/can`t believe that it gets that bad^. Besides I have to watch one american show; "24" is rubbish, don`t know how anyone would watch "nip-tuck", "Las vegas" is worse than "stargate atlantis" and "Dawson`s creek" or as it is now called "The OC" is probably the worst of the lot...

//stick it out with smallville I say ;)

nip/tuck is brilliant! :mad: lol 24 is entertaining, las vegas is the same,and also has 4 seriously fit women!

i can easily say imo that all those shows are 100 times better written than smallville,and acted! Tom Welling is the most wooden actor i have seen in a while,the lana character needs to die a horrible horrible death!its just gotten horrible,really really bad! this is coming from the guy who has the first 2 seasons on dvd. watch jack and bobby on tv3 instead!

agree to disagree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

tvnutz wrote:
    its just gotten horrible,really really bad! this is coming from the guy who has the first 2 seasons on dvd.

Having once-impressive shows jump the shark is the greatest tragedy in television. Shows that are crap, but improve is one thing, but to go from brilliance to mediocrity is just plain unforgivable... I can't begin to count the number of times this has happened in recent years...

Love that sig quote, TVNutz - laughed out loud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Just watch the episode with "The Falsh", I enjoyed it. And the series so far is improving, its not as slow moving.

But one question.

How does the Falsh become the falsh and when does he become the falsh? and was his name Bart? (Forgotten the surname)

Looking foward to seeing wonder woman in the series at some stage.

Bruce Wayne could start a business deal with Lex Luthor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No need to reply to the last post, I read back on other posts. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Elmo wrote:
    How does the Falsh become the falsh and when does he become the falsh? and was his name Bart? (Forgotten the surname)
    The first flash was Jay Garrick - he accidently hot high when he inhaled hazardous fumes during a chemical experiment. When he recovered he discovered he had super speed. He eventually retired.

Barry Allen was the second Flash - he was a police scientist who got splashed by chemical and simulataneously struck by lightening, which gave him his super speed. He moved to the 30th century, from where she originated. Barry Allen was eventually killed during the Crisis On Infinite Earths series in the mid-80s.

Wally West was the third flash, he is the nephew of Barry Allen's girlfriend and got his powers in a replication of Barry Allen's accident. He became Kid Flash, Barry Allen's sidekick, until Barry Allen was killed when he then assumed the role of The Flash.

Bart Allen is Barry Allen's grandson and originates from the 31st century - he inherited his speed powers from his grandfather. He was brought to the 20th century by his grandmother (Wally West's aunt) to assist him in curing his acceralted aging. Bart eventually assumed the role of Impulse - on a trip to the 31st century he got zapped by a beam meant to give ordinary people superspeed. This caused him to be be able to send avatars of himself through the timestream which he could then reintegrate with to gain their knowledge. He since decided to reinvent himself, becoming the second Kid Flash. He will eventually take over from Wally West as the 4th Flash and currently lives with the first Flash Jay Garrick (who is now his mentor) and his wife.

Where this leaves the Smallville Bart Allen is unclear as there appears to be no superheros currently in the Smallville time-line, but it appears that according to Smallville he will be the first Flash - he also gained his powers in a similar manner to Barry Allen and Wally West in the comics - so for comic purists, clearly the Smallville time-line is one of the Earths destroyed in the Crisis On Infinite Earths... :D

ruffty,i guess we will have to agree to disagree! just tell me if you feel the same about smallville when you see ep 8 or 9!

doh.ie: i totally agree,many shows have just gone horribly wrong...the simpsons being one of the big ones.

and yes i love that family guy quote :D cant wait for the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Oh sweet jeus they're plundering all the worst storylines,

Miztipolicic (sic) is a recuring character who effects chance, and in the orginal comic he was a flying leprecaun with magic powers

Y'know they need to be careful that barrel can't take much scrapping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

poor joke on just for laughs or something....
    guys says

chernobyl....

18 years on and still no superheros? what are the chances???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I thought the episode was alright. wish i knew what was on 33.1 though! The witches episode looks like a pile of bollocks tbh!

Advertisement