Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austins Inevitable Return

• 26-01-2005 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Recently in an interview H.B.K was asked about what his thoughts were on a possible return by Stone Cold Steve Austin...he hesitated and then said he had no comment on the matter....sounds a like a lil bit of sour grapes huh?

What does everyone else think?, do you wanna see Austin make yet another return?

Would You Like To See Austin Return Again? 14 votes

Hell Yeah!
    0% 0 votes
    Hell No!
    92% 13 votes
    Only If He Quits Moaning
    7% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Definitely would like to see him back, just finished his book which is an alright read btw, and he leaves the door open for a possible return. I dont think Id like to see him back unless he was wrestling full time - none of this commissioner sh1t. Might not be possible considering his injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

To quote "Hell Yeah" Return of stone cold has to happened and it propably will after all this movie crap and i hope he doesnt do what the rock does and only return just before his movies are released

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

He was a no talant hack to begin with but a great entertainer but couldn't wrestle if his life depended on it i don't say this looking for row but it seems he has done what he said he would do if it took him too long to get up then he would stop so there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Kio wrote:
    He was a no talant hack to begin with but a great entertainer but couldn't wrestle if his life depended on it i don't say this looking for row but it seems he has done what he said he would do if it took him too long to get up then he would stop so there

You obviously never say Austin wrestle before he injured his neck or indeed before he became Stone Cold - in ECW and WCW he was a good wrestler, especially in WCW - his singles matches were great, and when he was tagged with Brian Pillman, they were more then your average tag team

No i saw him and then he was a medium wrestler but that was about 9 years ago and he has had multipule injuries so forgive me if when he started in wwe he look a bit like joke but when bret left they needed another star so stone cold was born being the oldest of the mediocer werstlers he was given a shot hell he got the crowd goin and the reason i watched raw but still not a fu*king fantastic wrestler look at van dam so not given his fair shot in wwe but if undertaker packs it in then he could be the new champ it is all about the good superstars on top now.
    Thats how steve willhams got a chance he was dirt still is :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I want to see Austin back, he is a great entertainer but more importantly the WWE need him back, the wwe is currently going through a very bad time with a lack of quality superstars and very few great new hopefulls coming into wwe, a combination of Austin and Brock Lesner back in the wwe would be even better, weather you like them or not they will get ass's back on seats in the house shows in america and viewing figures back up in the states.

hey gonzo your right about that even in his gm role people came back to the show
    so lets stop the fussin and the fudein

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Of course I would Seeing whip someones ass again It will be brillant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I dont think Id like to see him back unless he was wrestling full time - none of this commissioner sh1t. Might not be possible considering his injuries.

ITS 100% not possible. If Austins does ever wrestle agin, itll be very much for once - offs.

Personally, I think Austin was the greatest of all time. He single handedly kept wwf going in the late 90s.

But his last run was boring. It was just the same thing every week - interupt a promo, stunner, and drive off in his buggy.

I would like to see him back, but only is his character was completely freshened up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Have to say that i'd like to see Austin back, but on Smackdown. They really need something to bring the show back up to speed and he could be the shot in the arm that they desperately require.

As for him being a hack, take a look at some of his WCW tv title matches, iirc he had a fantastic series of matches with ricky steamboat in the early 90s, that made it worth watching itv into the wee small hours of the morning just to catch some quality matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It's certain that he'll be back now. I'd say he'll be thrown into some sort of storyline just before his first movie is released. Not that I really want to see him. At least, not if he does what he's been doing for the last few years when on tv. Something promising would come on, but then be shot down by a stunner

The thing I'm wondering about, I know he's got his neck injuries and all, but so did DDP, and HBK had a broken back too. But they're both wrestling these days. I've never heard a proper explanation about how their career ending injuries suddenly got better

Advertisement