Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE K700i online update service blocked!

Options
  • 26-01-2005 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an unlocked, unbranded SE K700i and have successfully updated the firmware once about a month ago through SE's update service online (through usb cradle)

I read on Esato that there was anewer firmware version out so went again to the site and tried updating - now it tells me my operator does not allow my use of the service!

My operator is Vodafone.

How can Vodafone and/or SE block my use of my own unlocked, unbranded phone on SE's site?

I understand branded, locked Vodafone handsets have that rubbish DRM crap but mine doesn't.

I think it's unbelievable that Vodafone (and O2, I stuck my O2 sim in as well - same message) can block me from updating my own phone when it ha nothing to do with them!

Anyone else come across this?

I'm going to ring Voda's 'Careline' later...

Advertisement