Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a business...

Options
  • 26-01-2005 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have a registered business name, and i would like to create a full company. At the moment there is myself, and another partner, so either a partnership, or business owner with one employee? would suit us, what forms do I need, and is there much hassle setting this up? thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Check out Basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Don't rush into registering a company. This imposes hefty legal obligations on you around company reporting (with hefty fines if you fail to meet these obligations). Check out Tommy McGibney's Starting a new business webpage for some pros & cons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

thanks for the tip, not rushing into it tho, this has been thought about a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

As a general rule, a partnership (either formal or informal) is not a very good way of operating a business. You should read more about this before you do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dillinger

Hi

I think the most important thing is to make sure you have a good business plan before worrying about registering anything, things have changed so much
    in the business world today, make sure what ever product or service you are offering, people NEED, before jumping into anything. have you researched into the ROI and whether what your offering will still be in demand this time next year. FInd a problem and solve it, or find something thats in demand, as they say "get in front of the Wave, dont chase it"

cheers
    D

Internet Marketing Tips

Tips and Tricks for a Successful Business

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Max210

Thinking of starting a partime business in going peoples houses as with karaoke and nibbles and maybe cocktails for an hour or two , I know I would need insurance but would I need a trademark thinking making a Facebook pg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Max210 wrote: »
    Thinking of starting a partime business in going peoples houses as with karaoke and nibbles and maybe cocktails for an hour or two , I know I would need insurance but would I need a trademark thinking making a Facebook pg

No need for a trademark just register a business name you won't have any protection over the name but you really don't need it at least at the start.

jimmii wrote: »
    No need for a trademark just register a business name you won't have any protection over the name but you really don't need it at least at the start.

Where do I register it with the revenue is it , new to this game . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Max210 wrote: »
    Where do I register it with the revenue is it , new to this game . :(

Cro.ie. it might be worth going to your local enterprise office they run start your own business courses that you would probably get a lot out of.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Cro.ie. it might be worth going to your local enterprise office they run start your own business courses that you would probably get a lot out of.

Thanks so much for your help :)

Advertisement