Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tounge and eyebrow questions.

Options
  • 26-01-2005 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

so, i love piercings, but i'm **** scared to get them! yeah, pussy, i know! o i forced myself to get my nose piercing which wasnt that bad and my ear-lobes which were a piece of cake. but now i want to get my tongue and eyebrow done... so can anyone tell my where the BEST place (general consensus) to get your tongue or eybrow done? is anaesthetic allowedon the tongue? do they hurt (again, in general)? and what is the risk of paralysis of the tongue? (i understand i must sound so paranoid! especially cause i know so many people with it done! but thats cause i am!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Why do you force yourself to get pierced?
    I dunno if I'd pierce myself if I needed to force it, it's supposed to be fun.

Your attitude to piercing seems strange, I'd advise you to go with what seems to be your gut instinct and not get it done, but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

em, okay i dont think i phrased that right! i love getting them done and dont regret cause of pain or anything and i love the look of them after but i just need to psyke myself up! i want to get piercings done and i didnt force myself, i merely psyked myself up! if you know what i mean... i just wanted to know a few things about these piercings first!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Thats exactly the same as me,before i get a piercing im well up for it but as soon as I get into the piercing parlour I start to get the shakes and the sweaty hands. In my experience just go for it,for a few seconds of pain and a lifetime of metal pleasure. Make sure you get your tongue pierced first as that was my first piercing,scared the sh*t out of me,but it has gotten me addicted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

lol @ the shakes, yeah my first one i was expecting a river of pain i was bloody nervous then afterwards its like, "eh what pain?". lol
    if ya want it bad enough, who cares about the pain?, i think thats true about most things in life eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

ah, we meet again alco.... yeah i guess you're right! just want to know the best place to get it... i usually get my piercings in miss fantasia but i wonder has any better ideas. i mean, of course people are going to say "snakebite, snakebite, snakebite" but if there's no real reason why i should go there over anywhere else then i think i'll stick to miss fantasias. do you have your tongue done alco?

• Advertisement

Snakebite because it's the best???

i dont have my tongue done no, and ive never been to snakebite i always go to celestial ring.

celestial ring tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

kenny in celestrial ring in st stephens green shopping centre, snake bite are good too..

don't know about eyebrow but i've had my tounge done twice.
    they place a clamp on it so they get it right but this also numbs it as it goes through. getting it done doesn't hurt, the swelling is uncomfortable but thats it. if you go with the guide lines you will be fine.. spicy food will make it swell more. moving it alot(chewy food) can irritate it. but keep a glass of cooled boiled salty water handy and you'll be fine.

best of luck

just a bit off topic has anyone here heard of a tounge tattoo?? if so please pm me..

miss fantasia..... glen what a charming young man... he'll do you for free if you get down and dirty male or female.

i would never advice anyone to go to him or that shop unless you want some hot leather boots.

• Advertisement

miss fantasia..... glen what a charming young man... he'll do you for free if you get down and dirty male or female.

i would never advice anyone to go to him or that shop unless you want some hot leather boots.

that just both confused and disturbed me.......

how so??

get down and dirty? then leather boots?

ha ha ha i'm pm you what i really ment

ha ha ha i'm pm you what i really ment

He a goer, ey ey?
    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.

ye ye.. no no its just what i have to say about it will be called smut (again)

lol, no one ( well at least I never) accused you of being smutty maybe I haven't been listening hard enough ( and I do look for smut believe me ;) )
    Ah but then there was the one thread, about the scientific study and the tripod and such...
    On with the smut I say !!!

I had both done. Tongue twice, Eyebrow (a bit ridiculous looking back) 5 times. That was all at once. My first was the eyebrow and it was fine. Got another beside it 6 weeks after, then the tongue. etc. Tongue is without doubt the strangest feeling in the world. Not painful, as if its done properly, it shouldn't hit a nerve. which is just plain weird. To know something SHOULD hurt but it doesn't.
    My 2c

Blub2k4 wrote:
    lol, no one ( well at least I never) accused you of being smutty maybe I haven't been listening hard enough ( and I do look for smut believe me ;) )
    Ah but then there was the one thread, about the scientific study and the tripod and such...
    On with the smut I say !!!

well certain posts of mine have been called smutty

anyways went in to get a scafold done.. wass in buying some dirty girly stuff and thought what the hell, so went in got it done and he says" if you suck my c0ck you don't have to pay" i laught and handed him his money walked out... about 5mins later passed out my ear was bleeding really bad.. dont know what he did but took it out, then got it redone with no problems or bleeding in snake bite

well certain posts of mine have been called smutty

anyways went in to get a scafold done.. wass in buying some dirty girly stuff and thought what the hell, so went in got it done and he says" if you suck my c0ck you don't have to pay" i laught and handed him his money walked out... about 5mins later passed out my ear was bleeding really bad.. dont know what he did but took it out, then got it redone with no problems or bleeding in snake bite

F00kin hell what an idiot. That's pretty rough in fairness.

• Advertisement

Now now young man,Glens a nice dude so kindly shut up.

i'm a lady and may he be nice but he wasnt very nice to me.. so i don't need to shut up

Advertisement