Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW euro second beta phase "getting close"

Options
  • 26-01-2005 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

New Beta phase applications this week (not many days left in the week)...

- Drakar

From http://en.wow-europe.com

The Second Phase is Getting Close!
    Ryann, 25/01/2005
    We are finalizing the preparations for the second phase of the Final Beta and will soon update the Account Creation pages. A large, limited number of players will be added into the game on a first come, first served basis when the second phase starts. To register an account, you will need a generic authentication key, which we will supply on this page, so stay tuned for updates during this week.

To support even more players, we are pleased to announce a new data centre in Frankfurt which will be ready for the start of the second phase. This new centre, together with the existing centre near Paris, will be dedicated to World of Warcraft and will enable us to provide additional Realms for the European Community.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Gah. I wish software companies would just give us solid dates. This nancy-ing around gets very frustrating, very fast.

I await with bated breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd prefer fluid dates than solid dates that keep changing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ya the companies that give solid dates almost never stick to them
    blizzards way is at least more honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

So open beta will effectively start this week, it'll probably last about 2 weeks and then it'll be released. Couldn't be bothered downloading the localised version at this stage seen as I've already had a go at the US open beta.

I had a go on the us beta too, but 1 minute loot lag means I'd like to have a play on the euro one thanks :P

BTW, the new update, (from the same page, below for those too lazy to click), makes one believe that the applications will be either Friday morning or (more likely imo) Saturday morning...

Weekly Maintenance News
    27/01/2005
    The weekly maintenance, which normally takes place every Friday morning, will this week take place a little later than usual. It is currently scheduled for Friday evening but we will let you know in advance as soon as we have an exact time.
    In addition, we're very close to opening the Account Creation pages for phase 2 of the Final Beta Test so please check this page for updates.

• Advertisement

the loot lag in the u.s beta was a server problem everyone had it even americans, it was fixed before going retail
    iv played us retail and euro final beta and realy cant tell the differnce in lag between the two

Oh yeah I know it was a server problem, but at the moment that's my lasting impression of WoW. With all the US people reporting server problems, I'm eager to see what the story is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The page is open for registration now.

Yay! got me an account.

i got 3 :)

First come first served so get in fast...
    http://en.wow-europe.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

got it, does anyone know when phase 2 actually starts?, also where can i download the client?

Gizzard wrote:
    got it, does anyone know when phase 2 actually starts?, also where can i download the client?

it should start later today when the servers come back ontime after maintenance
    eurm you get the thing to download it from the WoW euro main page, dont know how you misssed it

yes dont know what I was thinking, saw it on the home page ) see u online ))

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I registed from work I presume I will be able to download the beta when I go home, then enter my account details and begin playing once servers are up??????????????
    Cheers

-oRnein9- wrote:
    I registed from work I presume I will be able to download the beta when I go home, then enter my account details and begin playing once servers are up??????????????
    Cheers

yup, its a big download though 2.5 gb

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Holy **** that's 5/8's of my cap. FFS Eircon

-oRnein9- wrote:
    Holy **** that's 5/8's of my cap. FFS Eircon

well in the 13 months i have been with eircom dsl i have broke the cap 12 times and have never been charged or disconnected

omg bittorrent download is soooooooooooooo slow

limiting your upload speed to about 6 kbs using something like net limiter helps alot

Just got mine now. Thank God. I never would have forgiven myself if I hadnt :p

See ye online when I download the file, in like 2 days :(

• Advertisement

all places taken
    i bet loads of people missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Woo! Just finished downloading, installing now. Downloaded the client from news groups as bittorrent can take forever. If anyone is around Kimmage ill pop it onto DVD for you if you fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

let's organise this sh1t. someone pick a decent server and all irish hop in it. i might have an extra account for that special someone.

-adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I am special ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Well, I created an Undead Rogue on server 13 called HappyPants. Up to level 5 now and just got killed for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I know a few people who've already setup on server 6 as horde so i'm jumping on there.

I'll be going Alliance on release so I wanna test out the other side for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I got my account registered but I've given up trying to download the BETA client as I reached my download limit. Would anyone who's downloaded the client be willing to burn it on DVD and post to me? Would be greatly appreciated.

New download limit for the month starting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

argh, goddamnit, I missed it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I didnt miss it, i signed up. Downloaded it and now they wont let me play it.

Advertisement