Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying musiq with iTunes

• 26-01-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

haven't done it before, just need some reassurance.

can i burn to unlimited cd's? i presume its in acc
    format, can i transfer to mp3/ogg/... i realise
    i will be losing quality but does this override the
    playing on limited number of pc's clause/claws?

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Do Not Use Itunes

Go HERE

Great service, every song you can think of, all formats.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭floyd.pepper

oops, joePC, they don't have the album i'm after.

whats so bad about iTunes, i found out i can import
    in mp3 format, 320kbs with variable bit rate.

what are the problems with iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

oops, joePC, they don't have the album i'm after.

whats so bad about iTunes, i found out i can import
    in mp3 format, 320kbs with variable bit rate.

what are the problems with iTunes.

I'm just after buying an album with iTunes. No problems at all.....

You can burn unlimited CD's and the format is Protected ACC. It cant be converted to MP3 format though. You can transfer the files on to 5 other PC's....

Great service :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Axel wrote:
    I'm just after buying an album with iTunes. No problems at all.....

You can burn unlimited CD's and the format is Protected ACC. It cant be converted to MP3 format though. You can transfer the files on to 5 other PC's....

Great service :)

seconded.

no problems & the limitations of burning/sharing aren't worth talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pat the rat

never need to buy muisc on the net use one of the free shareware sites like piolet, everything come in mp3 so good for ipods also, also window media 10 will fomat u muisc to anything. can get window media 10 free from microsoft down loads. free flims also from winmx, also bearshare. But bearshare bring in a lot of spyware so bring in th firewall. Also get spybot also free will search and destroy any spyware that get in to your p,c,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 pat the rat

"Ripping" is the process of converting music from audio CD format to computer format and then storing it on a PC.
    Software is required to do this job. The end result is stored on your computer for listening purposes or for transferring onto a portable jukebox.

The two most common file formats in use are MP3 and WMA, .

MP3 files became popular when people began to download songs from the Internet and there are many free programs which can be downloaded from the internet to rip to MP3. Examples are FreeRipMP3, CDEX , Musicmatch etc.[ A search on the internet will show many more ]
    Typically these programs are downloaded and installed on the PC, and they will allow you to rip the music from the audio CD to a music folder on the PC.

WMA files are similar but have been made popular because current versions of Windows have a rip feature supplied in Windows Media Player. The main difference with WMA files is that they have extra security which can be switched on to prevent further copying, for example to your HDD120 ! Therefore it is important to ensure that copy protection is switched off when ripping WMA files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I use I-tunes all the time now - quiet handy - just be careful about buying albums - you'd probably find them cheaper on Play.com. I-tunes is good for buying the odd song here and there. They're downloaded in protect m4p format. You'll need to burn it to cd then extract it back-out to mp3 using something like cdex. Might be an idea using a cd+rw for that. You could use peertopeer file sharing software - but I think big brother is cracking down on that. If you go the peer to peer file sharing route - just make sure you don't share out your download folder - think they are cracking down on the people that are sharing out their drives at the moment.

Advertisement