Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat pees with attitude

• 26-01-2005 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

I have 2 cats roughly bout 6 years old, twins (Dawn and Dusk). They are indoor cats and sleep mostly in the conservatory. They are healthy and well behaved for the most part. Dawn is wired and Dusk is very lazy. For the past few months however Dusk has taken to peeing in unusual places. Not really peeing but spraying. They are both female. It started on the kitchen counter ... I knew it was spray cause it wasn't a puddle but on the wall! She did it again last night in a bed side locker. It appears to be in small spaces, or enclosed places. On a side note... not sure if this has anything to do with it ... the next door neighbours got a cat round about the same time she started doing this ... and she isn't found of her. I think there is a jealous streak in her .. and she has gotten very whingy in her old age. Has anyone come across this before? or know how to stop it? ... she is far to old and too used to her routine to start kickin her out now... and its not like she isn't toilet trained! ... she is cranky and moody and driving me mental. Change of life for cats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Get some feliway from the vets & spray it on the peed on areas. It's a hormone thingy that helps calm cats down.

Comes in a plug in diffuser too.

Works a treat on mine when I introduce a new kitty. (I have 7 cats - I have a lot more pee to deal with. :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Will do. Thanks very much.

Advertisement