Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its ridiculous...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

I for one disagree its not that I'm pro needless road signs but more that I'm very pro students getting hit by cars...crusty nut scratchers

I think the problem was more with the speed bumps than any associated road signs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Bah wrote:
    I think the problem was more with the speed bumps than any associated road signs...
    It started off about road signs fadò fadò
    The tiny tiny metric ones
    "Stare at the dash till you crash" and all that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

error9 wrote:
    is it just me or could 1 sign at either side have sufficed ? but at least make it legible ... while you're trying to read the signs speeding by ... WHACK there goes another student...

Having spent three years crossing the junction at the college end of the bridge, and having done (with the help of my super minions, of course) a survey of the traffic and it's light-crashing habits at the same junction last year I can tell you that a huge proportion of the cars/buses/vans/lorries coming over that bridge are moving at significantly more than 50km per hour (or 30 mph as it was then). But then, I doubt that even grabbing them by the back of the neck and smashing their faces into the speed limit signs would be enough to make some of those feckers aware of the speed limit, let alone make them obey it.

fozzle wrote:
    Having spent three years crossing the junction at the college end of the bridge, and having done (with the help of my super minions, of course) a survey of the traffic and it's light-crashing habits at the same junction last year I can tell you that a huge proportion of the cars/buses/vans/lorries coming over that bridge are moving at significantly more than 50km per hour (or 30 mph as it was then). But then, I doubt that even grabbing them by the back of the neck and smashing their faces into the speed limit signs would be enough to make some of those feckers aware of the speed limit, let alone make them obey it.
    I try and hit 80kph every mornin on the bridge.
    There was this girl crossing this morning, she looked scared.
    Why the fcuk cant they walk to the traffic lights or go down the side bank.
    If they're that lazy they deserve to be hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

I did driving lessons in Galway, I went across the bridge at 30mph, my instructor told me that it is safer to drive at 35mph, because you save everyone having to overtake you. I did this during my test, and passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

rkm wrote:
    Do ya want some sauce to go wit that chip?
    YES...YES I DO! lol I'm actually a student myself but I got refused for a grant twice in two years so I've grown to resent all students as the majority either live at home and don't pay their way or are on the grant.....colon crunchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

rkm wrote:
    I try and hit 80kph every mornin on the bridge.
    There was this girl crossing this morning, she looked scared.
    Why the fcuk cant they walk to the traffic lights or go down the side bank.
    If they're that lazy they deserve to be hit.

Are you serious? You think a couple of idiots jaywalking is a reason to endanger even more lives? There is no excuse for premeditated speeding, especially to that extent, I really hope you get your licence revoked before you discover first-hand how much of a fool you're being.

fozzle wrote:
    Are you serious? You think a couple of idiots jaywalking is a reason to endanger even more lives? There is no excuse for premeditated speeding, especially to that extent, I really hope you get your licence revoked before you discover first-hand how much of a fool you're being.
    If I give ya 10 cents will ya call someone who cares.
    YES...YES I DO! lol I'm actually a student myself but I got refused for a grant twice in two years so I've grown to resent all students as the majority either live at home and don't pay their way or are on the grant.....colon crunchers
    Haha you missed out on the free ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

students on the grant have a far far easier time of it than people like meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

rkm wrote:
    If I give ya 10 cents will ya call someone who cares.

Do calls to the gardai cost money? Why not spend it instead on developing a sense of responsibility?

Of course, getting to the traffic jam on the other side of the bridge 30 seconds earlier is FAR more important than the risk of having an accident, losing your licence, getting a big fine, maybe a prison sentance, and having a death or two on your conscience, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    Do calls to the gardai cost money? Why not spend it instead on developing a sense of responsibility?

Of course, getting to the traffic jam on the other side of the bridge 30 seconds earlier is FAR more important than the risk of having an accident, losing your licence, getting a big fine, maybe a prison sentance, and having a death or two on your conscience, isn't it?
    If you're so afraid for them why don't you get down to the bridge
    and stop the retards running out into the middle of the road.
    Better yet we'll make you a lollipop man.......

Advertisement