Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

yeah but he had a bandage around the stick like
    donatello01b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Does anyone remember when the Turtles started mutating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

The lowest common denominator is their lair. The Batcave vs the Fortress of solitude. I gotta be honest, the batcave kicks ass, it's the ultimate BATchelor pad (excuse the awful pun).

The Fortress of solitude is pretty silly. First it's in frickin' Antarctica, second, it's not much of a fortress, in the castle, high walls and defences meaning of the word, third "of solitude"....this is a lame attempt to make the clean cut Superman seem brooding, dark and sexy.

No the Batcave, that's a real fortress of solitude, it's tough, it's hard edged, it's dark. It really is brooding and sexy. (I mean the definitive batcave from the first film, not those girly hi tech lookin' ones from three and four).

And come on! the batsuit is just as good as the supersuit in the comics, and thirteen times better in the (first) film. Better cape, better logo, gloves, and the utility belt, which is NOT a granny's anti mugger belt, no matter what anyone says.

Neither is superman, he's from Outer Space. Superheroes don't have to be from Earth.
    It can't only count as a quater vote coz if you voted for Batman then that's only a half vote if you include Robin as well... Which means you'd technically have to divde Batman's votes by two making Superman the true winner *yay!*

The new white-eyed Turtles suck..
    1. The new turtles doesn't suck, better art, better stories
    2. Superman had sidekicks too, supergirl and superboy. Plus he's in the Justice League, so divide his vote by about seven or eight
    3. The punisher has no superpowers, and doesn't even have many clever gadets, just an arsenal of weapons, but he's still a superhero (crap movies though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭A.S.H.

It really is quite simple, as was stated earlier it was to see who would win in a fight. The Answer is Batman as he has done so at least three times, The Hush series, The Dark Night Returns, and (With a little help from the other superpeeps) The Dark Night Strikes Back. Now if you want to look at who is the better overall you can check out the JLA Series which often has seens going

Supe's: We shall charge in and do this BLAH BLAH BLAH,

Bat's: yes we can do that and die you moron or we can try this BLAH BLAH BLAH and win lots'

Other JLA Member's: um yeah lets' do what Batman says

Or check out the Superman Batman comic which also shows batmans continued superiority ofver superman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

batman is a better character, superman is a muppet, the whole greater than god thing. batman would find some sunning way to inject superman with kryptonite. however two superheros could not kill each other. there would be too much of an imbalance. good defeating good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

That's true.

Batman is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The new white-eyed Turtles suck..

That statement is demontrably false.

They are less surfer and way more zen kick-ass. [the delete buttons in my library don't work. NONE of them work. I am angered] How many other heroes can survive in a vacuum my meditating and practicing chi gung? NONE.

Yes better art, better stories (except when start going into space, other than the abovementioned chigung that was very sily) and the foot clan are ninjas, not y robots! The foot elite have way cool hats. The gang-warfare is cool. All in all, that makes for a way better show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

BATMAN!!! he wears black! and you can't necessarily call him a "good guy" all the time... and he hides in shadow.. and the villains are a lot creepier... and he's not an alien! has anyone read The Dark Knight Returns???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

What kind of superhero hides in the shadows? I think this proves my earlier point relating to Batman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

PS: Batman has Catwoman!!!! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you mean, who has more ridiculous powers and can save the day through sheer "well, conveniently my species can basically photosynthesise and I'm so close to the sun compared to what my body expects that I can even kick *gods* arse" then superman wins.

If you mean who's actually an interesting character and not DC's equivalent of Captain Fascist, I mean America, then Batman.

Only interesting thing I ever saw with superman was Red Son, and even there Batman was cooler - but superman (under stalin's influence :rolleyes: ) ends up
    effectively destroying wonder woman's powers and batman kills himself rather than be turned into a brainless droid serving superman's regime. Lex Luthor still beats him in the end tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Undergod wrote:
    That statement is demontrably false.

Maybe it's just that when we're kids things seems better, but new turtles just ain't as good. Ok, art and story may be better, but I was raised on old turtles and any change to that I'm just naturally biased against...
    But in all fairness the new art is kinda creepy. White eyes makes them look more super-villians then superheros... Like that crazy bad guy in Battle Royale. He had white eyes and he was super-psycho, super-evil, super-unsuitable-for-kids-to-watch...
    Cool, but crazy...

Batman%20&%20Robin.jpg

superman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

why cant lois have supermans babies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Because he's a kryptonian. Two creatures aren't able to breed unless they're the same species, and superman and lois are from different planets. Hence: Incompatible

Suppose it saves on condoms though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

okie doke thanks for clearing that up!! :)

Raphael wrote:
    Because he's a kryptonian. Two creatures aren't able to breed unless they're the same species, and superman and lois are from different planets. Hence: Incompatible

Suppose it saves on condoms though...

What about that alien chick in Species? She was a different species and she could breed!

Incorrect. That "alien chick" was in fact created by splicing an alien DNA structure received by SETI to human DNA. So she was partly human, hence giving her enough biological compatibility to breed

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

i've never seen the beginning of the movie, how the hell did SETI get alien DNA?

• Advertisement

They received a signal describing the structure of alien DNA, or something like that

2shay!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

GlitterB wrote:
    why cant lois have supermans babies??

*Grins* Anyone seen MallRats?

YES!!! I have seen mallrats! long time ago though but that was a good movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Superman... but don't really like the costume. A black and yellow costume with a more AGRESSIVE Superman would be cool.

Raphael wrote:
    That "alien chick" was in fact created by splicing an alien DNA structure received by SETI to human DNA. So she was partly human, hence giving her enough biological compatibility to breed

True, plus it wouldn't have been an interesting movie if she hadn't gotten her baps out, now would it? :D

Zounds wrote:
    i've never seen the beginning of the movie, how the hell did SETI get alien DNA?
    At the start of the film, you see a space based satellite dish slowly turning. The child escapes. Then a group of people are briefed by Ben Kingsley that they recieved two alien signals. The first was for an inexaustable power supply, the second was the alien DNA code and
    (I think) instructions on how to combine them.

Imagine if they had just listened to the first message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Ya....imagine the possibilities..... if only it weren't a film , but was in actuality a factual interpretation of prior events, and then suppose that those wonderul whitecoated people at NASA did pick the first message...then where would we be??? ..............probably in a similar state of turmoil, just with unlimited power :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

So... Exactly the same then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

meh, pretty much :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement